Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Lukey exhaust SQUEALS when under torque with full car.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Fit a clamp and stop the rear pipe from moving. You think it's not leaking, but it is. The noise will most likely be the front muffler moving across and hitting the tail shaft. The exhaust will move under acceleration, and with a loaded car, it will drop the body down so that the muffler is in line with the tail shaft. Get under the car and look at the inside of the muffler where it runs next to the tail shaft, I bet you will see marks on the muffler and the tail shaft.

Fit the clamp and tighten it up to stop it all moving. The front muffler is only held to the cat by spring bolts, it will move.

If it isn't hitting the tail shaft, it will be the mountinmg pin on the outside of the muffler hitting against the lower control arm. Another common thing if the exhaust hasn't been fitted properly or there is no clamp.

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
Suck a dick, since i lowered my car and put 18s on it even with **** rubber its 10x better handling

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I feel a ban coming on

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Suck a dick, since i lowered my car and put 18s on it even with **** rubber its 10x better handling

No need to have a tantrum now young fella

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none

cool-story-bro-pl-ffffff-14

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
Don't forget the 18s.... because racecar!

I'm surprised you haven't lost half the exhaust on the road and i'm even more surprised you decided to install it missing a clamping that holds the whole thing together.

So how can we honestly take your word as fact that
A) Your suspension is fine (did you even fit a adjustable panhard rod?)
B) You installed it correctly (obviously you didn't)
C) There is no Exhaust leaks (because there will be)
D) It handles 10x better when lowered.

I'll say this once and ONLY once.

As your car is a 95 VS exec it will have what is called live axle rear suspension which uses a panhard rod to keep the diff centered when the suspension is compressed.
If when you lowered it you did not fit a adjustable pan-hard rod the entire axle will be off center when the suspension is loaded (IE. 5 occupants)

The further the suspension is compressed the further over the diff moves (i believe to the passengers side/the side the exhaust is on), so when its sitting in the driveway without anyone in it of course it is going to look fine.

Now the new exhaust may have a different sized muffler or may run piping in a different way to the factory system. I'd put money on the exhaust knocking on the diff.

Back in my youth i had a VN with ultra lows, i had knocking issues until i fitted an adjustable panhard rod which resolved my issues.

I'd say your problem is a combination of an exhaust leak and the exhaust knocking on the diff.

Now stop insulting people who you are asking help from, you'll get it in return 10 fold.

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
So did you find out what was making the noise?