Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vscom88

Andrew-
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
Hey, I've just put a VT engine in my VS wagon and have done the necessary work to make it suit vs, now while trying to mount the tranmission up i stumbled across a problem. I actually cannot get the mount to line up with the black plate underneath it ? it's a few mm off here n there with leway, i've got the transmission bolted up to the engine and it has a jack underneath it with a couple of blocks of wood to support it for the time being, the tailshaft isn't connected and neither are the arms that sit over the black plate that cover the torque converter.

I searched the forums beforehand and found very little information on this topic, has anybody had to replace a transmission mount before for any reason on a VR/VS commodore ? I assume V8 and V6 are the same but for the sake of things, it's a V6. Any help would be appreciated, there's nothing more i'd rather be doing on New years eve then finishing off an engine job on a wagon ........ *sarcasm*.

Edit ** All fixed, op can delete this post.

Last edited:

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Think with the cross member that came out of.my wreck with the VT box, it was ground out.
Couple new holes and an oblong hole for the mounts.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I know there are 2 different mounts, different bolt locations, you could try the other style.

Sent from your god, for you to worship and give money

cattz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
When i changed the box in my VS from VS - VT, i sat the gearbox mount onto the support, lined up approx. where the mount bolts are, and drilled.
Yes i had to elongate the holes a bit, but it worked fine.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I dont know why you all had problems. VT motor with VS box is direct fit anyway. However. The braces (box to engine) are different between 6HDD and 7HDD. They look the same, but are off enough to cause this sorta drama, but once again, if they were on the VS motor they will fit on the VT motor.

But OP is a douch that thinks he knows everything anyway, so sorry for repeating everything you already know, lol!