Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 died

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Where's fuse F23 or F25 on the diagram?
Almost top left.

F23 feeds fuel pump only and should not cause any other problems.
F25 feeds to ECU and EFI relay/injectors and oil pressure switch.

I just thought it not be the fuel pump fuse blowing when the doors and imobiliser light does not work also.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
This ^^ helps save the engine if no oil pressure.
As a side,
How does that actually work? Has anyone experienced it?
I've run with no switch before and it ran fine (testing oil pressure sender/gauge before permanent install). Maybe 30-50km round trip
And I've also (twice actually) come into a condition where oil sloshes and I loose oil pressure so I must quickly key off to save the motor (which worked fine before you ask). The ECU certainly didn't try to save it for me (unless it's a stock feature removed on 11p file??).

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
The oil switch won’t kill the fuel pump (even though it’s wired into the fuel pump circuit). As soon as the fuel pump relay is energised it provides power to the fuel pump and takes the oil switch out of the equation. The fuse blowing here also provides power to the BCU so when the fuel pump line dead shorts it blows the fuse and kills power to the BCU at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_1092.jpeg
    IMG_1092.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 33

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Honestly no idea on the ecu parrameters, but it's inline with the fuel pump relay before heading to thr pump. In theory no oil switch connected the car won't run.

Never had the experience but going off the wiring diagrams that's that's design
PSX_20240201_204630.jpg

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost top left.

F23 feeds fuel pump only and should not cause any other problems.
F25 feeds to ECU and EFI relay/injectors and oil pressure switch.

I just thought it not be the fuel pump fuse blowing when the doors and imobiliser light does not work also.
Fuse 23 also feeds the BCM.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Honestly no idea on the ecu parrameters, but it's inline with the fuel pump relay before heading to thr pump. In theory no oil switch connected the car won't run.

Never had the experience but going off the wiring diagrams that's that’s design.
The FP relay trumps the oil switch. It latches and diverts fuel pump power through it’s circuit and takes the oil switch out of the equation. FP relay coil energises, power diverts from 87A-30 to 87-30.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fuse 23 also feeds the BCM.

Which wiring diagram are you looking at as the one I posted earlier does not show that ?

The FP relay trumps the oil switch. It latches and diverts fuel pump power through it’s circuit and takes the oil switch out of the equation. FP relay coil energises, power diverts from 87A-30 to 87-30.

The FP relay is only energized by ECU for a few seconds at start-up. Then the FP power comes thru the oil pressure switch when engine is running.

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Same diagrams ( all three versions in this thread) but I’m the same as Deuce. Disconnecting the oil switch just gives a red light, no engine stop. I’ll have a dig tomorrow morning.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
Same diagrams ( all three versions in this thread) but I’m the same as Deuce. Disconnecting the oil switch just gives a red light, no engine stop. I’ll have a dig tomorrow morning.

@Grimes Do you have 4 wires going to oil pressure switch connector ?

I can't see BCM in any of the wiring diagrams?

Just re-read the whole thread. @Phillbert does say it is the fuel pump fuse. Do you have a multimeter ?

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Three wires, three pins. I just pulled it, started and ran it for a while just to make sure I wasn’t having late night memory syndrome last night.