Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 owners check this out

Cobra Clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ii
When it happened to me, I just cut off the wire and re-attached it with another connector.
Yesterday the battery light came on and when I check the alt, th wire had nearly melted through again.

I need to fix this permanently, anyone know the best place to get a jumper wire to go over it or a replace cable from the battery to the alt, how did you fix yours??

tuffcars

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
hey need some answers lol

i got a vs auto i recently owned a few vls an now i want to try gain more power out of my ecotec i was just wondering wats the best improvements for power without spending big big $$$$$$$

subieboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Executive S2
When it happened to me, I just cut off the wire and re-attached it with another connector.
Yesterday the battery light came on and when I check the alt, th wire had nearly melted through again.

I need to fix this permanently, anyone know the best place to get a jumper wire to go over it or a replace cable from the battery to the alt, how did you fix yours??

Welding shop for a cheap good quality wire (something destined for a Mig or similar)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
i got a vs auto i recently owned a few vls an now i want to try gain more power out of my ecotec i was just wondering wats the best improvements for power without spending big big $$$$$$$

This topic has been covered an absoloute infinate amount of times. I think people are sick of typing "CAI, panel filter, 2.5" catback exhaust, shift kit, memcal tune". Use the search function dude, you will find an absoloute TONNE of threads on this topic. It's the most popular topic on the face of the earth.

Jazza 91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore executive
same happened to mine. i run a started motor cable from the alternator to the battery works all good now. standard cable is to light and corrodes apart.

damiandownie

Damo (Vl Walky replica)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 commy
House wire does the trick, its beefy enough

binney

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs2 Senator
This happened to my wife's VS Stateman too. Didn't realise it was such a common problem.

Draimond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
LOL, mine went 50kms from home at 180,000kms on the clock... !!! :O
I wish i knew this 30000kms ago

lovely09

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
I keep in mind your resolution.Most common problems arose with loose or faulty connection of wirings.I experienced twice while on the road the car stopped and really bad i'm rushing going to work.I immediately call someone to fix it and finally after a few hours waiting,it's just a loose wiring on some part connected on the battery.