Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt 5l slug

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i want in total for my car too be around 190-200rwkw, anything faster and i would kill myself, but i know ill become a kw junkie, anyway the calais is a vs , i know there are plenty of mods for the s/c calais but what are some easy mods for the 5l too crack the 190 mark. ive seen hsv upgrades which claim 190 or 195 @ the engine and plus a cold air intake decent exhaust, extractors and some rockers, id hope too push 170atw but with the sc i think with an 11psi pulley and a tune i reckon i could get the same so i dont know, the lady with the vs claimed she gets 12l too 100 round town which is significantly less than the 8. so i think im heading down the s/c lane, even no i love the sound of the ol 5l and the sc has a pissy little whine once its been pretty modified. too hard of a choice. and the vt has a few mods which will save me round 1k.

go the vs calais mate:thumbsup: i have a vs calais and they are such a good car;) they handle realy good (better than the vt imo) there lighter and fit has claimed to be able to get up to 500 horse power out of the stock sv6 motor! but that was out of a vt it may not be the same for the vs sv6 but im betting it would be! also im pretty sure the insurance would be cheaper probably not by mucvh but it all ads up:)

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
If you think you will just be chasing after rwkw, maybe look for an ls1. You will get the ponies a lot easier that way.

The handling should also come into the equation and safety features, if you are gunna put your life at risk!

Oh and ouch on the whine comment! The v8's are meant to lack the power down low as well. So if you want the drive off the line you may have to put up with the whine.

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
hmmm. anyone else got an opinion on what i should get.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
If you want an 8, save a bit more and go the LS1 Gen 3 variety (not the 5.0L) so, your best bet would be a VX Exec Gen 3 5.7L. Have a look for some of them. If you want SuperCharged 6 go for the VS Super 6 Calais. In the end, if you want more power, you can super the Gen 3, but your v6 will be close to its limits before the LS1 will be.

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
need something in the next week, gen3 is out of my budget, canberra has cheap cars and dumbasses but with my price range (6500) i would be too far off a gen3 im still at school so i dont earn near enough too buy a gen3 and im saving for an international trip in november.

VZHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
z
need something in the next week, gen3 is out of my budget, canberra has cheap cars and dumbasses but with my price range (6500) i would be too far off a gen3 im still at school so i dont earn near enough too buy a gen3 and im saving for an international trip in november.

mate go the 5l u wont regret it .. with a decent tune / service and basic mods ull be happy.. my mate has the VS calais supercharged i gota admit they are
good and sound orite aswell.. but in the end the fuel consumption isnt alot diferent as the supercharger does drink the fuel down aswell.... ive got a
vr berlina v8 if u drive it easy the fuel consumption is 16l/100 .. if u thrash it
all the time ull get a nice figure of 20.4/100 .. i was lookin at a VT SS series 1
and a VT SS series 2 Gen3.. the series 1 felt abit sluggish but the gen3 is much beter. neways off the topic now but then i offered to buy my neighbours car ( my current car) and i noticed it was much better compared to the VT ss series1.. imo id look for a Vr- VS 5l and u wont be disapointed ..
as quoted b4 the supercharged has its limits. an 8 is much better imo

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
ive driven a vn 5l and didnt feel as quick as the vt, probly coz its a bit newer i dont know and they both had the same amount of kms the guy wanted 3.8k for the vn but i can get the vt for 6k and probly wont loose any money.

Bluewildangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt II supercharged
could get the super6 and whack a yella terra cooler on it

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
get the 5L 'cos they sound better than a super6...

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
depends on what sorta things your after

if your after:

roar of an engine - 5.0l
bang for buck and s/c whine - l67
kw figures but money isnt an issue - gen3