Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt/vx commodore connecting RCAs to headunit

Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ 2006
Hey everyone I'm new here but need some advice on how to connect the rcas from my amp to my headunit

I got my Sony double din headunit professionally installed last year and am now attempting to put an amp in my car. My question is how do I take the headunit out? And is there a way to connect the rcas without taking it out fully?

Cheers

The car is a standard vt commodore

Also I have placed the amp under the right passenger seat and grounded it to the seat slider bolt is that a good spot?

:)

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Depending on how it's installed. If the rca's are on an extention lead like my Clarion rather than panel fitted, you may be able to get to them if you take the glove box out and have a feel for them. If not, I can tell u that you will have to take off the entire dash facia and centre console cover. Then depending on how its fitted.......pull it out.
If it was a single din unit, you could possibly get to them from the compartment under it, but being double din you will probably have to pull it out. Sorry.

As for the amp under the seat.....There was a big debate on the "Car Audio" section of this Forum a few days ago.
Mate, It should be fine. Just keep an eye on it if it gets too hot cause there is not much air flow there.
Just make sure the ground bolt hasn't got any paint or gunk on it so as to get a good connection.
When you do manage to run your RCA's, don't run them next to any power leads, you may get some electrical interference (Humming) through your speakers.