Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU series 2 Ute 2002 won’t start

Blake1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VU series 2 V6 Ute
I pulled up in my Ute a a mates place one afternoon and I noticed the car was slightly over heated, the radiator had been playing up, so I topped it up (that’s not the problem tho) while I was there my mates dad plugged his Bluetooth scan toll is to check If the over heating was just a fault. When he plugged it in he hit the key to turn it on and the car refused to start... it would go to turn over and the fuel pump would start to pump but the car just wouldn’t start, almost like it had a nearly flat battery. We changed the battery and checked all the fuses and they were all good, but still no start. We then decided to check the spark plugs and seen there was no spark while the car was trying to turn over. (This process went over 2 days). After coming to the conclusion that it was over our heads to fix I decided to take it to the mechanic, the mechanic plugged his scan tool in and the crank angle sensor came up with a fault after he Changed that the fault changed to the ECU, so he changed that out and the faults clearly, but the car still would not start (same thing was happening) $700 later I decided to take it home and see if I could figure it. Can anyone give any advice or suggestions?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
not allowed to visit people during corona restrictions
now is this a real mechanic or a wannabe
did he link the new ecu to the bcm
is the immobilizer led stopping flashing when you unlock or turn ignition to reds

Blake1993

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore VU series 2 V6 Ute
He was a proper mechanic and I’m pretty sure he hooked up everything properly. The car is doing the exact same thing it was doing before I took it in. Hasn’t got any better or worse

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I would check your relays, DFI, slipring contact with key, What kind of CAS was it? Some times you can strike a bad one, also check the plug to the DFI for cracked wires or bent pins.

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
Be your head gasket especially if you added cold coolant to a non running hot engine

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
He was a proper mechanic and I’m pretty sure he hooked up everything properly.
Plenty of bad mechanics out there, not the first time a mechanic replaced a ecu for nothing, it seems they always love wasting money on stuff you don't need.
Did you check all the fuses under the bonnet? Big ones little ones? Number 14 in car fuse.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
is the mode led turning off
check if your spark plugs spark when cranking