Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX dual fuel playing up

carsavvy.not

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
2001 VX dual fuel. Lpg was not factory fitted. Auto 6cyl.

Running ok then latly started cutting out while driving. Usually when revs are low or when taking off. Dash board lights up then either goes away and runs normaly or will turn off completly. Lights and everything. Will go pop bonet and move battery and will generaly start again. She also just started doing it alot more in last couple days. Today shes revig high but not going faster and on pulling up and putting in park she revs to 2500rpms for couple seconds then goes down.

There is hole in air box which needs replacing and she runs **** on petrol and has since i bought her. Randomly make loud bang under hood, have been told due to air intake.

jughead1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Executive
We had a similar stalling problem with our VX II converted to LPG. Also had the high idle. Had the problem since the day it was converted. I thought it was a loose electrical connection, either where the LPG loom connects to the car loom (drivers side firewall) or the cutoff solenoid. Juggling these connectors would usually fix the stalling problem.

But it turned out to be the vacuum hose between the solenoid and the regulator. This hose was hard and did not seal well at the solenoid end. Jiggling the power connector just above it was enough to reseal it and away we went... until the next bump in the road unsettled the joint again.

This drove me mad for more than a year until I found the problem.

I replaced this hose with some new fuel line hose (much thicker) and now all is sweet.