Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Rear Engine Plate

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Hi
I posted a thread a while ago about whether the sump needed to be dropped to install the rear engine plate and main seal. Thank you for your replies because even my mechanic wasn't sure what the answer was.
Anyway I am now about to drop the box etc to do the job.
My question is how do you make sure the rear plate doesn't leak between the bottom of the plate and the engine block as there is no rubber seal that runs along the bottom of the plate.
Hopefully one of you out there have done this job and can advise me what to do here.
Hope you can help
Thanks.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hi
I posted a thread a while ago about whether the sump needed to be dropped to install the rear engine plate and main seal. Thank you for your replies because even my mechanic wasn't sure what the answer was.
Anyway I am now about to drop the box etc to do the job.
My question is how do you make sure the rear plate doesn't leak between the bottom of the plate and the engine block as there is no rubber seal that runs along the bottom of the plate.
Hopefully one of you out there have done this job and can advise me what to do here.
Hope you can help
Thanks.
l watched a gmh ls1 teardown/rebuild and a sealant was applied from memory