Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXR Brake question/issue

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So after VY they are pox.....Don't know why you bother replying....It's all useless crap by you

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB MY19 Holden Commodore VXR A9 3.6Ltr
So the issue was the lower control arms... Took a bit of pushing as the service advisor was not aware of any service bulletin.

I got a friend from a different Holden dealership to send me the Tech Bulletin and now it's booked in for next Wednesday...

I have uploaded the service bulletin for anyone that needs it if you have the issues. Looks like revised parts for lower control arms.

Cheers ...

Attachments

• image2020-05-12-110915 (1).pdf
    614.9 KB · Views: 267

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
So the issue was the lower control arms... Took a bit of pushing as the service advisor was not aware of any service bulletin.

I got a friend from a different Holden dealership to send me the Tech Bulletin and now it's booked in for next Wednesday...

I have uploaded the service bulletin for anyone that needs it if you have the issues. Looks like revised parts for lower control arms.

Cheers ...
The Brembos in theVF redline have one clip at the top and the other side the clip is in the bottom. Theses are brake squealers to advise to change brake pads

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
So... It's fixed... We'll hopefully. The sound is gone and they have replaced both front left and right lower control arms.

However I'm not sure if they did a wheel alignment as I'm assuming this would be done with any sort of work like that... I'm just waiting for a copy of the paperwork to be emailed to me. However it might pay to go some place other than a Holden dealership to get a good alignment done.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So... It's fixed... We'll hopefully. The sound is gone and they have replaced both front left and right lower control arms.

However I'm not sure if they did a wheel alignment as I'm assuming this would be done with any sort of work like that... I'm just waiting for a copy of the paperwork to be emailed to me. However it might pay to go some place other than a Holden dealership to get a good alignment done.

They should have, but worth getting a second opinion if you have doubts

knight001

Reaction score
Members Ride
They should have, but worth getting a second opinion if you have doubts

Yeah I might just do that as the steering wheel isn't quite centre on a straight road... But I don't recall it was when I brought the car anyway... I normally always get a wheel alignment done when I acquire a new car.