Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY fuel sender faulty?

Vyequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore Equipe
I've a 03 Equipe that seems to be confused at how much fuel it has. When I put the cluster into diagnostic mode and check the litres remaining on a full tank it reads as 75L of fuel. I've had it run down to 0 DTE on the trip and 0 litres remaining (as a test, I know it's not good to run so low) and went and filled up but I barely squeezed in 60 litres.
As I don't know anyone who has a VY to compare, and this might sound daft, but is the fuel sender voltage supposed to be relatively steady (e.g. 1.64v with minor fluctuations, .01 incriments) or is there supposed to be 1-2 volt variation jumps when driving along? (e.g jump from 1.64 to 2.98 and any random number in between rapidly and never settling on one number)
Or am I looking at another possible issue with the sender/cluster?

Last edited:

VYCALAISUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 Ute
I seem to have the same issue but I've already replaced my sender. How did you put it into diagnostic mode to check the usage and level?

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
to send into diagnotic mode syply put the key in the ingition without turning. then hold in your MODE+SET buttons and turn the key. continue to press mode and you will even be able to check other things while in this mode. to get out of this mode simply turn the car off.