Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Strut brace help

Waughy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Mini Clubman
I fitted one to my VZ about a year ago, had to jack it up to get it to fit over the bolts (wasn't much in it before jacking). Price sound about right, think I paid around $70 for the bar with 4 nuts.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Cool.. Will give me something to do in a couple if days then..

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
wow, I should of just gone to the dealership, including nuts they're $60 + $25 postage on ebay. Such is the price of laziness.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Each stealership might be different price? I was looking on eBay and there are a few for 77 posted.. Hope its in tomorrow

Daniel Mobbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
I'll give it a go jacking up the ute this weekend and see if that will help.. if I still cant get it ti line up, would it be worth modifing the brace to fit????

Also, I said 10mm, but thats all together, so i mean about 5mm each side.. but in saying that, its possible it has smacked a curb before I bought it, had a cracked rim and the steering was out, but since fixed

Thanks fellas

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I'll give it a go jacking up the ute this weekend and see if that will help.. if I still cant get it ti line up, would it be worth modifing the brace to fit????

Also, I said 10mm, but thats all together, so i mean about 5mm each side.. but in saying that, its possible it has smacked a curb before I bought it, had a cracked rim and the steering was out, but since fixed

Thanks fellas

Will need an alignment done if you get the brace to go on.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Just put mine on before.. It was about 6mm out.. 3 out of the 4 bolt holes needed to be filed out and then slid straight on.. Wonder if all the bolts for the brace were in the same spot for all the models from factory.. Have read some say it fits straight on and other have to make the holes bigger in the brace..

Greasy Hands

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
YV II Acclaim, non daily.
Still haven't received mine, the curiosity is killing me.