Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[General] [VY/VZ] Everything to know about Changing Clusters!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i have a dash apart on my bench now playing with "things" im keen to test also tazz

mysticpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
1980 Corvette with Holden Statesman WK LS1
Its probably the most delayed, unbelievably delayed, constantly requested software for Holden programming so far!.

It is on its way. Im doing final alterations on the VT,VX clusters section and then it will be up for beta testers which will be advertised the companies sponsor section! :beer chug:
UCC has now bee retired. Due to the reason you have quoted. The application now has VT,VX,VY and VZ cluster programming support which includes re-configuring main parameters such as engine size, transmission, airbag setup, fuel configuration plus a few other bits. It also has the ability to bring up some info about the cluster including serial as well as read out cluster fault codes (Useful for identifying if a module in the car is not communicating!)

Again, there is no expected time for finishing, due to the huge amount of development going on with other projects at the same time such as SOE.
ICP.PNG

Hi Tassi

Quick Q: I know the PCM and BCM talk a different messaging language hence the PIM, so I wondered do I need a BCM and PIM just to get the cluster to read speed and tach or can I go straight to the engine PCM for those?

Thanks in advance

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Hi Tassi

Quick Q: I know the PCM and BCM talk a different messaging language hence the PIM, so I wondered do I need a BCM and PIM just to get the cluster to read speed and tach or can I go straight to the engine PCM for those?

Thanks in advance

Im assuming your talking about an LS1 car? or a VZ?

The purpose of the PIM is to grab information from the OBD2 ECU, and convert it into ALDL format (Includes things like temp, speed, rpm, warnings ect). The PIM does the job of what the VY V6 ECU does.

There is a PPK (Speedo) and PPR (Tacho) wire direct to the cluster that you can hook into. But if you want the cluster and everything working happily without irritating warnings, you should implement all three modules

Hope that kinda helps!

ALitreBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Calais and Suzuki GSXR1000
Im pretty sure they dont want to release the software cause they want to making lot of money

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Im pretty sure they dont want to release the software cause they want to making lot of money
Sadly enough not the case! Until the last few days Iv had to manually obtain,decode and write programming frames to the clusters as my old software was destroyed by having too much faith with an online database which I kept all my workings on the software *sigh*. Lesson learnt, multiple backups on multiple places online and offline!
Im all for allowing anyone to perform the programming. Saves having to have the clusters shipped!

I dont actually get alot of time in the day to perform programming on the clusters due to the time I try to dedicate into developing the engine/transmission diagnostic programs I have made. Iv ceased clusters being ship to myself over the past few weeks so that I can dedicate time towards developing the application.

All I want to do is change my damn fuel level gauge so it reads correct.
Literally, and I mean literally, just completed the application this afternoon. I will be popping up a thread later tonight with details. Not the same as the above application I displayed. Have compiled SRS,BCM,radio and cluster diagnostics (Including Cluster programming) for VY/VZ into one application.
Currently compiling all the VY S1 and S2 fuel calibrations that I have on record into the program. Other then that its complete. :beer chug: