Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aircondition

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Good one Sammy - I had exactly the same thing - was actually gonna start a thread and ask if anyone else had experienced it! You beat me to it.... ;)

S

sittingduckau

How about that smell from the A/C.. i thought it smelt more like cat piddle.... how the hell are to get rid of it?? and yep mine takes a few min's to start going also.. but never worried about, just he smell...

R

rokjaw

Seems we all have the same delay in the aircon starting. I have noticed that the fans and stuff in the engine bay do not start for the same time. Tought the management computer may hold off on starting the A/C so that the electrical and mechanic loads in the engine bay settle down after starting.

Brasstard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah, I have had my SV6 for about a month and have seen the same issue.
I also suspected that this was to allow the engine to 'warm up' before dumping it with the load of the A/C. :whistling

Last edited:
H

Holden_Mechanic

yep Brasstard u r right. Completly loading it down on cold start is like thrashing it on cold start.

yeah a couple of mins is perfectly normal

S

Sensations

Not here sorry to say.

Air con cold within 10secs.

Also depends on where ya park ie out in the hot sun or in the shade.

But usually straight cold air.

But be the difference between 6 and an 8? Shouldn't think why aircon is aircon.

west55

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
Hi
Yes I can associate with the "bum & feet smell" in the air cond!
And no, I try not to pass wind in the car.............
What I have done to stop the B & F smell is to turn off the air cond switch prior to arrival and turn the fan on high. If possible I also leave the windows down until the car colds down. (Yes I know that this is not always possible, but it sure helps) If all else fails, spray Glenn 20 into the air cond intake area with the air cond going flat out and the windows open.

Hmmmmm................sure gets rid of the B & F smell! Glenn 20 is avialble in any Supa market in the toilet/kitchson section. Also cheaper then some of the automotive products available?

Try it.

Ian

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
My SV6 takes about 20 secs to begin blowing cooler air, and it's very cold within about 40 to 60 seconds.

One of the reasons you may get a stale small when you put the a/c on is the water condensing in the ductwork, causing a little mold or mildew. I never smell it in this car as I never turn the car off with the a/s running. I usually turn the a/c button off when I'm parking, and leave the fan running. By the time I'm out of the car it's blowing warm air into the car, but only for 30 secs or so.

When I get back in and turn on the airconditioning, the air is not tainted, stale etc. That hint was given to me by a dealer here and has worked for me in the new car so far :)

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
The VZ air con compressors have a problem with the control valves sticking. This control valve is located in the compressor and can be diagonsed by giving it a little tap.