Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VZ] VZ and VE - How to change the oil and filter on your Alloytec. (Detailed pictures)

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Thanks for that, Ricey. Much appreciated. :)

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Thanks for the great write up, missus SV6 has done 6500, so in another 1000km I can now change the oil after reading this.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thanks for the filter torque spec, VZ Niko.
Do the FUEL filter connections undo the same way as for VY?

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
The fuel filter connections come apart and click in the same way, yes.

They can be tricky if it's your first time though, as I discovered the other week.

You need to squeeze the tabs, push the fitting further onto the filter, and then pull.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
The fuel filter connections come apart and click in the same way, yes.

They can be tricky if it's your first time though, as I discovered the other week.

You need to squeeze the tabs, push the fitting further onto the filter, and then pull.

Thanks, I thought they might be the same.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Going to give this a go on the weekend, first one I have ever done. Did anyone go to the trouble of jacking the front end up and putting axle stands under, or is there enough room?

dont suppose the oil would drain out to well????

Last edited:

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Going to give this a go on the weekend, first one I have ever done. Did anyone go to the trouble of jacking the front end up and putting axle stands under, or is there enough room?

dont suppose the oil would drain out to well????

I found that there is enough room to remove the sump plug without having to jack the car up at all. Then again, mine is standard height, not lowered or anything.

Also considering the sump plug is at the front of the sump, and my garage/driveway is on a very slight decline, I've never had any problems with the oil draining :p

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Cool I'll try and get under first, before I jack it up.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Car is lowered slightly, cant get under it, but from what I seen it looks like you need to remove some plastic cowling just to put a pan under the sump plug. Cant see where to put the trolley jack or axle stands either with all that plastic poop under there. Has anyone done a VE, (preferable a SV6 II) any advice?
Cheers

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Did the oil change today on the wifes VE SV6 II. All thanks to this write up. Dont know when they changed it, but the sump plug was on the side (passenger side of the sump). Had to remove some plastic cowling, some sort of a sump protector, not going to do too much being plastic. Also had to jack the car up, as it is slightly lowered. It took 7.1L, dipstick isnt the best for reading thou. Thanks again for the great write up, wouldnt have tried to doing it myself without this.