Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
nice, how does it sound with the extractors on it?
great m8 love the induction noise and goes really well best 450 i spent on the car

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
12.5l per 100km with a stock auto LS1
my old VS v6 was about 14 :S

GTRwilson

sell me your VY sigs!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
ive got my VZ SV6 down to 10.3 i think. stock as a rock other than the 2 hole mod.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
If the car is rocking around at idle, and has a rough power delivery, it might be the spark plugs. In my zv ute, i had the same problem and i changed the plugs, all the gaps were too wide. Works fine now

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
My 06 VZ Exec got 13-14 stock........ per 100. Tuned, you can go either way........ bout 30% more power in general, and after 6 months tuning I'm sitting on 10.11ltr per 100 average.

Takes alot of stuffing around. I can easily get the car in the mid 9's even with flooring it. On the same token, if u dont tune it right it'll eat 14-16ltr per 100.

Good avg is bout 11

jason.8484

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ acclaim
i drive a VZ acclaim and i have the same problem's as well getting around 15-18/km and i don't even thrash it

Explosions Hurt

'05 VZ SV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
That is terrible !! Im running a V8 and motorway driving gives me about 12L/100km and hard driving around the city i average 18L/100Km

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
thats still high... worst i got was a 8.9 best i got was a 7.5. average 8.4

only thing i done was a new set of plugs and the infamous 2-hole mod with MCAI.
that dropped me figures down by 0.3-0.5 overall.:thumbsup:

ive got my VZ SV6 down to 10.3 i think. stock as a rock other than the 2 hole mod.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I think a good average for the exec will be somewhere between 11-12.5ltr for an average.......... Things guarentee'd to improve economy is:

1. New spark plugs.
2. Engine oil (run whatever climate stuff u should), I run 10-40 Synthetic ++ Racing by Valvoline.
3. VCM Suite (remove a good protion or reduce the COT -Catalyst Over Temp- extra fueling).
4. VCM Suite (increase torque but only midly) ........

I can tune mine to run mid 9's....... average 11.......... with serious power tune it's 12-16 but still will easily sit on under 9ltr per 100 on highway .........

Problem with Alloytech engine is the cats sit right beside the engine causing heat, u actually get better fuel economy with headers/hi-flow cats (which then move the cats under the car)......... removes alot of heat and helps reduce COT.

Cheaper fuel will also make the spark less efficient again rising the temp of the engine.

** "Catalyst Over Temp" will cost u can average of 1-2ltr per 100....... possibly more if the car is bog stock.

I have mine tuned right up in performance but enough to keep the exhaust and cats cool if the car feels they are getting too hot.

Last edited:

vzh00n

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive 04
Wow dude.. there is something seriously wrong.

I usually get 14L/100... and that's driving pretty hard. And the misses usually get's 10's..

How many K's are you getting to a full tank?

lol u call 14 lead foot pssssttt