Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 misfire under load...

slayer73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
whats on your clock...?mine was 105k when it happened...

dylsrach

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Crewman
On the vz their is 6 individual coils, it is very common for them to give out, if you buy the genuine ones (BOSCH) it wil most probably happen again its only a matter of time.. recently DENSO has made aftermarket coils to suit.. for BOSCH it is about $350 for all six and for the DENSO ones expect to pay a lil more about $430 for all 6.... how ever you can buy them individually but you will have to pull out the volt meter and a service manual to trace it down to the faulty one or you can just take it to a mechanic / auto electrician and they will be able to find the faulty one for you, also at the same time i recommend you change the spark plugs aswell!!! Hope this information helps!!!

Cheers mate will do. Might be a trip to the auto sparky I think, don't really know my way around under the bonnet of a VZ...

kronich3244

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Manual, VZ SV6 Manual
no worries mate, glad i could help!!!

crazy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 Commodore 2004
Check PVC pipe for cracks between Air filter and Carby.
Just replaced coils and plugs only to spot a crack in PVC when i opened it a little the car would run rough.
This goes hand in hand with exaloration as the engine would pull it open when throttle on.

A9L

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1
You mean PCV? Also, thread is over 6 months dead. Hope he has it sorted by now.

300kplusvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec commodore
i would say it is the coil pack or i have come across the earth wire on the back of the head to the fire wall will corrode, and badly if the engine is wash with a gerny or alike. Not likely but i have replaced 5 last year and it stopped the problem of what you describe. If it is that, dont replace it with a factory one , get a flat wire braded one, from an auto elect. I found that out from my two years in an holden workshop. People spend a whole heap of money, cant find the problemand thats all it is. On some models they dont even have the wire to the back of the head to the fire wall, but on major servicing , holdens normally put the wire in, weather it has a problem or not. hope this helps!
Hey matey, just wondering what bank the early wire was usually put on?
Got a major misfire on my Vz, keeps coming up as misfire on 1but I've changed the coil twice (with second hand one's I knew to be working).

300kplusvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec commodore
Hey matey, just wondering what bank the early wire was usually put on?
Got a major misfire on my Vz, keeps coming up as misfire on 1but I've changed the coil twice (with second hand one's I knew to be working).
Earth wire.... Bloody phone...