Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Drove the 310 with the full kit. It would drive you insane after a while and your missus will hate it and make your life hell - why - Its just far too loud! Inside the growl from the headers around town far too loud. You have to turn the stereo up to 30+ to hear it. I added the Cat Back Walkingshaw to my VF Redline though and it sounds awesome outside and nice inside. Minimal drone and just really nice. My take on the full kit is that you just won't get any of the expense back in few years when you sell. I also think the black wrap on the bonnet will be the target of some idiot and a stanley knife

grantisaac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX11
Hey Gaz, What size and type of Catback did you fit ... the H and M pr Di Philipo .I have a Redline VF Manual and have already fitted the airbox and had a tune done. from what i understand fitting headers will not make much more than 10 KW . The airbox and tune made a huge diff.

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I went the Walkingshaw 2.5 Cat Back only: I was only after sound / rumble - I was not really after more HP. I did meet a guy at the Walkingshaw shop in Vic and he had a Redline with the Air Intake and Cat Back and then had it tuned he was at 305KW on the Dyno. You are right if you do nothing else to gain HP do a tune for around $1200 and you can pick up an extra 40+ KWs. I also understand that the full blown Walkingshaw upgrade with the Headers will put you over the noise (decibels) legal limit so for any cop that knows his cars and is in a bad mood you could see yourself over the pits! I have only done 200kms it sounds awesome with the Cat Back alone (and gets the looks too) The party trick is the remote start from 50 meters away when people are looking at it - scares the crapper out of them. My only issue now is neighbours looks when I start her up in the morning at around 7:00am and have to drive by their bedroom windows!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
nm. cbf'ed with the argument that will happen

cfour

Reaction score
Members Ride
Coming Soon
I went the Walkingshaw 2.5 Cat Back only: I was only after sound / rumble - I was not really after more HP. I did meet a guy at the Walkingshaw shop in Vic and he had a Redline with the Air Intake and Cat Back and then had it tuned he was at 305KW on the Dyno. You are right if you do nothing else to gain HP do a tune for around $1200 and you can pick up an extra 40+ KWs. I also understand that the full blown Walkingshaw upgrade with the Headers will put you over the noise (decibels) legal limit so for any cop that knows his cars and is in a bad mood you could see yourself over the pits! I have only done 200kms it sounds awesome with the Cat Back alone (and gets the looks too) The party trick is the remote start from 50 meters away when people are looking at it - scares the crapper out of them. My only issue now is neighbours looks when I start her up in the morning at around 7:00am and have to drive by their bedroom windows!

How much did the cat back cost?

Gaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Cat Back from Walkingshaw cost me $2,200. - 3000kms now and sounds great! Love it!

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
$2200 for a cat back :hmmm:.......as long as you're happy though.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
It's WALKINSHAW I'm sick of seeing walkingshaw!! Anyway they money you pay for there catback it's ridiculous IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
It's WALKINSHAW I'm sick of seeing walkingshaw!! Anyway they money you pay for there catback it's ridiculous IMO.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
It's WANKINGSHAW I'm sick of seeing WALKINSHAW or WALKINGSHAW!!

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
Aren't the wheels on this the same wheels on one of their VE's?

They look similar to the Fluxus, but I don't think they are the same

that's because they are the fluxus wheels. Holden have continued them into the VF range for some stupid reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.