Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Krispy_Crumbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF series 2 Redline
Got my VF2 redline supercharged about 2 months ago by Walkinshaw.

I know it's the 547 package and therefore should be making 547 kW (733 hp) at the flywheel. But Walkinshaw won't give me the dyno graphs so I have no idea what the thing is making at the rear wheels.

I've done a bit of searching but still, I haven't found anything.

Would be great if someone could give me a few performance numbers, cheers.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V

I know it's the 547 package and therefore should be making 547 kW (733 hp) at the flywheel. But Walkinshaw won't give me the dyno graphs so I have no idea what the thing is making at the rear wheels.

I'll have a guess at around 405rwkw

Go get it put on a dyno and see what you get.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.

Mate parasitic loss from flywheel to rear wheel can be up to 20%, depending on whether it's an auto or a manual and the condition of your driveline. Then you have the dynos themselves,
the ones that connect directly to your hubs could give you higher readings than the rollers. As other posts have stated, the only numbers that matter are the ones on the strip.
Not sure what to make of the Walkinshaw information thing.
Good luck.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I believe they base their numbers off an engine dyno run, running a big dyno exhaust, A/C controlled IAT, and with emissions wound around to kill

Then they bolt some parts onto cars and flash a safe tune that won't eat the engine or transmission

It's marketing by W

If you want a more accurate power estimate run the 1/4 and input your results and specs into a Moroso calculator, this sorts the men from the dyno circle jerks

Cheaper than a run on a dyno too > https://www.vpw.com.au/parts/MOR896...6YMiUVOSAQOsqw68Tl1UuIDADnQvzIOBoCc8oQAvD_BwE

Disclaimer: whilst phone apps make people happy, they won't replicate a run, and can be placed closely next to dyno circle jerks

Krispy_Crumbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF series 2 Redline
I believe they base their numbers off an engine dyno run, running a big dyno exhaust, A/C controlled IAT, and with emissions wound around to kill

Then they bolt some parts onto cars and flash a safe tune that won't eat the engine or transmission

It's marketing by W

If you want a more accurate power estimate run the 1/4 and input your results and specs into a Moroso calculator, this sorts the men from the dyno circle jerks

Cheaper than a run on a dyno too > https://www.vpw.com.au/parts/MOR896...6YMiUVOSAQOsqw68Tl1UuIDADnQvzIOBoCc8oQAvD_BwE

Disclaimer: whilst phone apps make people happy, they won't replicate a run, and can be placed closely next to dyno circle jerks
I'll take your word for it, thanks.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I'll take your word for it, thanks.
Don't take my word for it, my mate googled this ages ago when his advertised W package didn't get close to advertised numbers at the strip

There was some video of W advertising the dyno testing they did for the package