Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagz'z Wagon

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Glad you liked them from what i know they are the proggressive rate spring. car looks good now

Thanks pub, the springs are very good and have made a huge difference to the ride-ablility of the rear end, and has taken alot of body roll out of it too.

terry1991
wonder what it would look like with white roof racks

There will be no white roof racks:p, thats a bit out there for me

rch-13z
wheels look real nice, still needs to come down abit more, but thats just my opinion..

Thats as low as im prepared to go for them moment. Its already scrubbing the rear down my drive now and the front is only mm's off the ground going up the driveway.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Well i got my cross drilled and slotted rotors on today with some of those QFM brake pads. I would have to say that braking has increased again by about 20%. I'm looking forward to giving them a run at Oran Park at the end of the month. I know some people will think why the cross drills, but its more about the look than anything else. They have a bout 4 sets of 3 holes drilled around it. You can see one set of holes in the pic. So theres not that many holes in it really.
rotorsslottedei6.jpg

I'v also put in the loom today for the L3 cluster to go in, and dam what a bitch of a little job that was. Unfortunatly the cluster i got is busted:bang:, so for the moment the L2 cluster stays in and ill have to see about getting the cluster repaired. I also have no low or high beams, so gotta fix that to now. Edit: lights fixed. Just gotta get my L3 cluster going now

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Just wondering what is the part No for the kings rear springs you fitted.
She looks better with the new ride height and wheels on.

SW

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Just wondering what is the part No for the kings rear springs you fitted.
She looks better with the new ride height and wheels on.

SW

KHPR-24SL i beleive is what they were and they sat in good with standard legnth shocks too. Looks heaps better too i recon now and it handles heaps better too, you dont get that wagon rear end roll as much, and definatly not as roungh as the old springs

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Well after all this time of it sitting around, i got the L3 cluster working and in. Between three L3 clusters i finally got one to work. I had 2 lying around 1 VP V6 L3 and 1 VR V8 L3 and both had dud speedo's:bang:, so i had to buy a 3rd L3 cluster off ebay with a working speedo and tacho. The V8 tacho didn't work either :bang:, so i had to do the V6 to V8 tacho mod aswell.

So after having the dash apart a hundred times, i put the L3 cluster in with 3rd time lucky speedo and modified tacho for the last time... and it worked YESSSS.
Now just gotta work out how to use it:p

Last edited:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Got my upper trailing arms in today. The old ones were flogged out(will get pics when i find my camera). And what a difference they made. Especially for idling around in first gear, all that surging back and forwards and the horrible clunk that goes with every back lash is pretty much gone now. I though i just had a little drivline backlash going on, but it was all just the uppers. So couldnt be happier now and the take offs have improved too, much cleaner.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It's amazing how much new arms make to the handling of these things.
I just did both upper and lower arms on mine as I found the drivers lower arm front bush had pushed out to one side and 3 of the upper bushes were in some way rooted.

SW.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I want to do my lowers aswell as the bushes are old rubber ones, and they are getting a bit tired, only problem is trying to track down a second hand set to rebush. All the wreckers here though seem to want to charge a fortune for them. So they can wait for the moment till they really need doing.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Mate if I had know you could have had my old ones for the postage, but alas they went out with the recycling earlier in the week.
I bought new items from Whiteline, can't find the invoice, might have been about $45 each side.
Good luck with your search and rebushing.

SW

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Bugger ay. I'll look into that whiteline mob though. The cheapest i could find around here was $100 a side thats with nolothane bushes, and the wreckers around here want $30 each for old ones. Which will work out cheaper, but thats still too much in my book for a rusted old arm with shagged bushes. Its all going on hold for a while now though. The next month of weekends is all booked out with different stuff.