Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wagz'z Wagon

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
nice wagz man i was chasin a 5l 5 speed wagon but are pretty hard to come by hold onto it

Thanks blaze, spent months chasing for one, they are pretty rare as a manual V8 setup. I recently bought a new daily so i can keep the K's down on it now. They were clocking up pretty fast there for a while. As long as it keeps on keeping on ill keep her for a while now.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Small update. Replaced the front sway bar link pins today with the heavy duty Z type with nolothane bushes. Hopfully it will take care of the hollow clunk noise in the front end.

Replaced Drive belts, and man what a shitty job that is on the 5ltr. Theres nothing there to assist with tensioning the power steering pump. Ended up getting under the car and levering off the A/C pully with a bar in one hand and reaching up throungh the belts trying to tighten the nuts with the other. Alternator is fairly easy, after you pull out the air box. The only easy one is the A/C belt but i could only get a belt that was 10mm shorter than the stock one and didnt that make life hard, that 10mm made all the differeance between the belt just slipping on, to having to use a screwdriver to lever the belt over the pulley and then it was near tight enough that it needed bugger all adjustment.
Anywayz no sqeeling worn belts now, the car is alot less embarrasing to drive now especially parked at the lights with squeeking belts echoing through the other parked cars.

Did a quick oil and filter change while i was there too, even though it was only done a few thousand k's ago, but its only a five minute job for that.

Repco dosnt have the right gauge O ring for the thermostat housing, but i used it anywayz a while back and its been weeping slowly and getting worse, so not having alot of time i just bought a gasket for it and whacked that in for the moment till i can get the right o ring for next coolant change.

But its good to have all these little jobs tidied up, they've been bugging me for ages

Last edited:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
nice job i find it easier to remove the main drive pulley from the balancer then put it back on with all the belts can be a bit fiddly though. Your right though the p/s pulleyis a pita and the aircon tensioner setup is rubbish

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
nice job i find it easier to remove the main drive pulley from the balancer then put it back on with all the belts can be a bit fiddly though. Your right though the p/s pulleyis a pita and the aircon tensioner setup is rubbish

Nice tip pub, hopfully though i wont have to touch them for some time now. Next time im in around there it will hopfully to be the install of some thermo fans so i can get rid of the bulky clutch fan that seems to take up so much space. I've already got the memcal setup for it, so its just a matter of wiring the it to the standard loom.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Well i got my vs stato seats in the front today. They are only cloth ones but so much comfier than the worn out exec ones. Got the back seat steam cleaned aswell. Not much has happened lately on the car, been sitting idle really.
On another note it towed a car trailer really well the other day over 150kms with my new second hand pergola on the back, in kit form. Just gotta put it all back together now at my place.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Pissed off. I bought a brand new spanking swift a few months ago, my very first brand new car i was so proud to finally be able to afford to buy one, just had the second service done and some **** Falcon pulls out in front of me and guess what, my new swift is now crumpled. Front drivers corner is all pushed in, bumpers ****ed, top tie bar(radiator support) ****ed(pushed back pretty much onto the engine), drivers gaurd pushed back over drivers door a bit, bonnet is ****ed.
Falcon is not to bad as its passenger gaurd and passenger wheel took the brunt of it, needs panel beating on passenger gaurd, new bumper and probably a wheel alignment.
Anywayz all parties seem to be ok, my partner is very sore across the chest and shoulder from being thrown a bit in the passenger seat during the accident, but i hope she will be ok, will see in the morning how she wakes up.
Whatched my brand new car all smashed being towed away on a truck, extremely anoyed.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Ouch, thats got to make you mad, glad you are both ok.
It must be that new car thing, bought my wife a new corolla a while back and in the first month our nephew backed into it.
He was reversing to leave a parking spot in front of our place (the corolla behind) when he got a mob call so he took the call and then with out thinking went to drive off fast but was still in R (for reverse not race) and bingo needed a new front on the corolla.
I wish he could have written the car off because then at least the insurance would given us a new car instead of repairing this one.
Anyway hope you get it repaired right.
cheers

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Thanks for the sypathy's surf. Bit of an update on the swift, its in the panel shop and there dosnt appear to be any main chasis damage which is good. Needs plenty of new bits on the front, and after a chat with the panel shop im happy with what the are going to do with the repairs, it will be all new bits, no bog or repairs. They still recon 3 weeks though till its ready to go, which is a pain but dad has lent me his spare car which is good. I have hire car as part of the policy but they only cover basic hire costs. It still costs a few hundred out of your own pocket to actually hire the car still as i learnt from last time, cant quite remember, but i think there is a security deposit you have to have up front, then you have to pay there insurance levies, and there is a km's charge or somthing too, anywayz its all a rip and insurance only covers the basic daily hire charge.