Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw 3" system

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
What about Manta and a system from Sureflo?

Looks like they're around the $2200 mark plus postage. So not sure what exhausts others are talking about with being half the price of the walkys and the same quality. Everything seems to be around the $2200 mark..

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Looks like they're around the $2200 mark plus postage. So not sure what exhausts others are talking about with being half the price of the walkys and the same quality. Everything seems to be around the $2200 mark..

Mate with next to no effort I commissioned a complete, bespoke stainless system hand made for just over $2000 fitted. That's everything - mandrel bent 32" long throw headers, dual 45 ci PWTBs incl. megaphone and high flow cats, proper x-pipe, HSV bi-modal mufflers and replacement of quad tips.
Ridiculous for anyone to consider paying more than that just for a pre-made catback pipe by itself!!
Seek the plain truth, it's just a pipe, get into the engineering of it a bit and reap the benefit of satisfaction in your choice rather than brand wank.

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
I got a quote from Hi tech mufflers which was $1650 fitted for a stainless steel cat back

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Do you already have any other mods on the ute?
If not and simply after a better grunt, a 2.5" would do the trick just fine, which would also be cheaper.
If you already have or planning to get other mods such as cats, headers, extractors etc, then they 3" is prob the best bet.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Mate with next to no effort I commissioned a complete, bespoke stainless system hand made for just over $2000 fitted. That's everything - mandrel bent 32" long throw headers, dual 45 ci PWTBs incl. megaphone and high flow cats, proper x-pipe, HSV bi-modal mufflers and replacement of quad tips.

Good to see there's people still willing to customise what they want. Who did your work?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Appreciate the feedback. Have done a bit more research on various exhausts
For a 3" stainless catback I have gotten quotes:
- HM $1974
- DiFilippo $2100
- KPM $2400
- oztrak $2200
All plus freight (supply only)
So I'm not sure what is "half the price" of the walky systems except xforce which I don't want to go near. If someone has some cheaper alternatives I would be grateful, but reading other threads on here the above sound like the systems most recommended. I am also getting extractors & high flo cats but none of those prices include either. I have already sourced what I want in that department so I'm only really after the catback now.

Well Walky = Defillipo so youre already saving money there.

Look, Defillipo are certainly one of the best on the market. Are they worth the price? Depends if you can justify it or not.

Im awaiting delivery of my 2 1/2 Manta system, complete with Hurricane extractors and hi flow cats and I paid less than what youre paying for a catback. I had the money for a defillipo system, but I just cant justify the meager gains for almost an extra grand.

ozzymac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV
All this talk of exhaust mods, if you modify the exhaust does it affect your warranty?

It seems a shame to have a great car but its so quiet, especially after driving a Mustang over in USA recently.

cheers

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
All this talk of exhaust mods, if you modify the exhaust does it affect your warranty?

It seems a shame to have a great car but its so quiet, especially after driving a Mustang over in USA recently.

cheers

The exhaust headers are part of the engine, as defined by GM, so yes changing that will definitely impact on the validity of related warranty claims. However the entire exhaust catback is not part of the engine, and that really affects the loudness of the stock engine.

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Ok I've decided to go with the HM exhaust and headers. Just undecided whether to go 1 7/8 or 1 3/4 HM headers. Same price so leaning towards the 1 7/8. At this stage I'm only getting the OTR and tune done. Possibly a cam upgrade in a yr or so. If I go the 1 7/8 do I stand to loose any power? Will it make a difference to the down low power or torque at all?