Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw 3" system

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
But Holden don't see the car, the dealer does.

Yeah, they assess it. Forward the report for approval.

In particular engine failure warranties. Oil samples are taken, forwarded for testing. Dealer is told the result.

If Holden believe that the modification (or the driving style as result of the modification) has been a contributor or a reason for the fault, then it is declined.

Ive seen Ford do the same thing so its not just Holden.

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
Ok, so I have the full HM system fitted. Sounds extremely nice, but just not loud enough at the moment..I have been to a couple of exhaust places and they all seem to say to switch out the centre muffler box for 2x hotdogs..
Currently the system has no drone at all, which is brilliant. I only want it to be about 20% louder then what it currently is. Does anyone know of any side effects of switching the centre muffler box out for hotdogs? Is it likely to drone, and will it be much louder? I do not believe any performance will be compromised, in fact it may even improve, but I am getting it tuned next week, so really want the exhaust ready for the tune. Thoughts?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
How long has it been on, maybe let it carbon up first

VFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Ute
How long has it been on, maybe let it carbon up first

Only around 4days. The bloke said that it would only see around a 5% increase in loudness over 2000-5000kms. I won't be doing that many kms for around another 6months and I want to get the exhaust side sorted so the tune can be tuned to the exhaust set up..

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
But Holden don't see the car, the dealer does.

If it even smells dodgy the dealer won't touch it, not worth being charged back the claim when audit time rolls around.

On topic, I drove an SS with the WP310 pack the other week and wasn't a fan. Nice note but droned like buggery at about 60km/h. I much preferred the X-force setup on my VY.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Modifying the walkinshaw shite

OK with an attempt to get this thread back on topic and trying to negate the need to start ANOTHER exhaust thread, i pose a question to the exhaust audiophiles or at least someone who has experiance with the pipes.

so i have an SSV ute with the full Walkenshaw 310 pack (didnt pay drug money for it as a love job through work but anyway)
im not overly happy with it but as its on the car its too much hasstle to get another full system.

in my opinion its not loud enough and it has been made too dosile in order to be street freindly. i want more deep more crackle and pop more burble... all the lovely things a good exhaust does on our 6.0
now i know its a 3" into a 2.5 at the rear... which seams to be a bumb idea but changing out the rear mufflers is expencive.
actually, where does it step down? before the mufflers or just the tips?

i also know they use HUUUUUGE double resonators in the middle. my plan is to cut them out and just run straight 3" pipes all the way from cats to mufflers. will this help allot do you think? im not worried about added drone as its a ute and its not realy an issue. i know that will let more craccle and burble through obviously. will it increase noise or change the tone allot?

thoughts.

the pick will show you just how big they are.
Dual_Active_Cat_Back_01_full.jpg

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
^^ I don't think it's the 2.5" after resonators that's keeping it quiet, only thing in it after spending on exhaust and tune is to do mufflers really. But you can get farts and crackles with overfuelling in the tune, hear them better with different mufflers, and get more burble with an x-pipe.

Here is same engine as you, but HSV shorty headers, 2.5" cat back, x-pipe and plain ol x-force sports mufflers:

[video=youtube_share;NZTqV7zcuaM]http://youtu.be/NZTqV7zcuaM[/video]

Plenty noise and burble, deliberately no farting or crackle as ima stingy bastard on fuel coz I drive it a lot.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Farts and crackles are usually on decel and caused by the transition from fueling to deceleration fuel cut-off. Some tuners disable it and some don't.