Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to make louder

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
Hey all,I know the exhaust thing has been a long and drawn out topic and I've read almost everything about exhausts ,but still not sure which avenue to go ,So...this is what I've got and what I'm thinking of doing.
R8 clubby A6 with Ls3 with OTR with 2 1/2" cat back Manta system..what I'm thinking of doing is cut out mid muffler& H pipe section and replace with Xpipe only....whats ya thoughts
and do ya think it'll drone?

Cheers in advance

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
yes, the mid mufflers are usually referred to as resonators for a reason...

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
So what is my best options

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey all,I know the exhaust thing has been a long and drawn out topic and I've read almost everything about exhausts ,but still not sure which avenue to go ,So...this is what I've got and what I'm thinking of doing.
R8 clubby A6 with Ls3 with OTR with 2 1/2" cat back Manta system..what I'm thinking of doing is cut out mid muffler& H pipe section and replace with Xpipe only....whats ya thoughts
and do ya think it'll drone?

Cheers in advance

I've been doing exhausts for 25 years and I haven't even come close to reading everything on exhausts lol.

What you need to do it replace the front section with the hotdogs only section. The one with the muffler is quiet. The hotdogs will make it a lot nicer. The X pipe will only make it quieter and "muddle" the note. The Manta sounds really nice with hotdogs and the H pipe, don't #### it up by putting in an X pipe.

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK...my Manta system is configured as... large single muffler H pipe then hot dogs then rear mufflers,
so you reckon just take the front muffler only!?
What about the H pipe ? should I move it closer to the cats or leave it in it's orginal position...which is about 2~3" behind the first muffler just in front of the hot dogs
Sorry about all the little silly ?? ,I just want to get this right the first time!

Cheers again
Jeff

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Take the muffler out move the H pipe to just behind the flanges. If you have to pay someone to do it, it may be cheaper just to buy the front section and bolt it in. I do it for $330. Since you're in Perth, I can arrange pick up from the warehouse, or for $20, I can get it delivered to you.

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah.. that's fine, I've got a mate who has a exhaust shop,and even tho he's been doing exhausts for 10 odd years he's also been trying to convince me with the H pipe thing(I always thought that was a think of the past),but I was more wanting the X pipe ....that's why I asked here to get some more feedback in what to do
Thanks again NAAF for your input...Cheers
Jeff