Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Watch out for 4WD's!!!

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Matty081 said:
How did you figure that?
Point is, 4x4's have as much right to be on the road as high performance built vehicles.
How can anyone justify a high powered vehicle built to "race" as opposed to a larger not as powerful vehicle built to go offroad?
It's the senseless and pointless bashing that reminds me of the p plater thread, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

why are you bringing p platers in to this?
of course 4wd's have a right to be on the road, but people are buying them for the wrong reasons. theyre designed to be used on rough terrain off road, but most will never see dust. theyre dangerous and completely unnecessary for many of the people driving them

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Matty081 said:
How did you figure that?
Point is, 4x4's have as much right to be on the road as high performance built vehicles.
How can anyone justify a high powered vehicle built to "race" as opposed to a larger not as powerful vehicle built to go offroad?
It's the senseless and pointless bashing that reminds me of the p plater thread, sorry if I didn't make that clear.
no one said anything about performance cars or P platers, you brought it up.

This thread was about how some little old lady couldn't handle a big 4WD and smashed it, and shouldn't be allowed to drive it.

V

vnberlwagon

Well at least you can see past a performance vehicle, try sitting behind a L'cruiser or Hilux in the wet, you won't have any vision at all.
Four wheel drives SHOULD only be used on the road as a means of getting to a dedicated 4wd track area or in the use of towing or by tradesmen for carrying their equipment. There is no place or need for them in the suburbs or around town!!! They are a danger to other road users in the event of an accident. You don't need to drive one to go shopping or carry the kids to school or whatever the case may be. As for these medium size 4wd's like Rav4's, X3 and X5 BMW's, and all vehicles that fall into this class what is the go with them? They will never see a dirt road let alone proper 4wd track, all they are is a menace on the roads and a status symbol for the ones that can afford the high price models. Why would you waste money on one of these mid size models as a means of a people carrier when for the same money you could purchase a decent size / quality sedan?

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
orighty, when I was driving round perth in a nice big GQ patrol, i could throw it into a normal car bay without hesitation, and in 1 go. Personally i have more of a problem with busdrivers as none of them seem to give a **** about anyone else. like anyother group there are ppl out there in 4wds that cant drive. And for some reason its always a falcon trying to run me off the road when im driving my little sisters patrol.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Stupa said:
orighty, when I was driving round perth in a nice big GQ patrol, i could throw it into a normal car bay without hesitation, and in 1 go. Personally i have more of a problem with busdrivers as none of them seem to give a **** about anyone else. like anyother group there are ppl out there in 4wds that cant drive. And for some reason its always a falcon trying to run me off the road when im driving my little sisters patrol.
what buses are you talking about? public transport, or coaches? You do know its a Road rule to give way to all public transport buses.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
well guess what cut me off on the road today? a damn BMW X Series. i wasnt surprised at all

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Last Sunday on my way to the footy with my friend and his parents in the city their was a 4wd that had hit a parked car and pushed in the right rear quter panle, and that wasnt the bad part. The driver of the 4wd must of done a runner as they had left the car in the left hand lane, and there was a cop writing down both car info and there was no sign of the driver of the 4wd or the parked car.

I think ppl who drive or wont to drive 4wds should be tested if they can control them.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You know whats worse than anything, P Platers in 4wd's.....

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
kill -9 said:
You know whats worse than anything, P Platers in 4wd's.....

Woah, and there it is.....the stereotypically ignorant generalised comment....knew it was coming, so kill-9 i aint havin a go at ya, i was waiting for someone to say it, shame it had to be you......
regardless of a p-plater of not, 4wd sales should be either very tightly controlled or banned from suburban streets, not travellingt hrough the street if your going out, but as a 'runabout'/'soccer mum' vehicle, should be more strict on selling.... oh and the test for 4wd drivers wouldnt be a bad idea either

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
_Mukas_ said:
Woah, and there it is.....the stereotypically ignorant generalised comment....knew it was coming, so kill-9 i aint havin a go at ya, i was waiting for someone to say it, shame it had to be you......
regardless of a p-plater of not, 4wd sales should be either very tightly controlled or banned from suburban streets, not travellingt hrough the street if your going out, but as a 'runabout'/'soccer mum' vehicle, should be more strict on selling.... oh and the test for 4wd drivers wouldnt be a bad idea either

as mentioned before, no need to start another p plater thread. all he was doing is taking the stereotype of the hoon p plater and mixing it with the ignorant 4wd driver and creating one horrible driver that you would not want anywhere near you on the road.

imagine some p plater chick talking on their mobile and doing their makeup whilst driving a 2 tonne truck. :eek: i would be scared