Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Weird metal clapping noise coming from front of car

Jez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 executive 1996
Hey fellas, not sure if anyone has encounted a similar issue, it seems to be on the left side up the front of the car,
It sounds like metal is being slapped against metal. It only happens when:
1 - i go over bumps and rocky areas (A real let down considering much of my area on the CC is **** road)
2 - enter a drive way
3 - veering to the left when starting up.
The car still runs, no noise or squealing from brakes, she still stops and go's without any problem and there is no pullback what so ever, no change in driving style, just this irritating noise of metal clapping.
I may have an idea it was the brakes and i took of the front left wheel and moved the disk brake around and it moved in and out slightly but im not to sure whether that is supposed to happen, FYI i didnt check the other brakes so that might just be how they normally are.
Moral is: Any ideas what it could be? It will be going in for a service this week but if i can fix it myself it would save me a fair bit of worry, anyone else who had this drama with there car, (commodore or not) please feel free to speculate as I am mystified to what it is. Thanks heaps

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
link pin bushes are stuffed. the metal noise would be from the metal washer bang around on bumps

Jez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 executive 1996
Ill look in, thanks heaps mate:beer chug: