Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What’s the best sized stall for my cam?

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
@daves8 did you ever follow through with this?

Did oztrack ever come to the party with a quote?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
@daves8 did you ever follow through with this?

Did oztrack ever come to the party with a quote?
Hi mate,

No I didn’t go through with it.

I bought another Calais V in V6 form as a daily driver, so I will possibly put a blower on the V8 which won’t need a stall.

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi mate,

No I didn’t go through with it.

I bought another Calais V in V6 form as a daily driver, so I will possibly put a blower on the V8 which won’t need a stall.

Well that mod list escalated lol

No worries cheers I've already got a daily so more interested in following the path of those with mid sized cams, and then who went to a stally which these cars really need to get moving off the line

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
With traction control switched off, will a VF2 (LS3) auto 3.27 diff wheel spin if your floor it off the line? I've never tried it.

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
With traction control switched off, will a VF2 (LS3) auto 3.27 diff wheel spin if your floor it off the line? I've never tried it.
Dunno but I'm at those specs or better in my L77 sedan so it's close.

I'm full bolt ons with tune, 3.27 LSD, 285 section PS4S rear tyres. King springs in the rear with towbar and full size spare.

WOT from standstill no brake hold - zero spin.

Light brake hold gets a chirp, need to stall it up a little more with the brake then it'll spin in first only, slight chirp into second.

The PS4S tyres make a huge difference though. I had some Bridgestone turanza 245 sections before I swapped my rear wheels that still had reasonable tread left and it would spin everywhere.

That classic Project VF and VF2 article also notes that a stall made a huge difference on these cars, however that was at the strip with drag tyres. It was about a half second faster with a 3400 stall added.

LS engines just aren't all that toey under 3500rpm and combined with a restrictive stall speed in the 6L80E, is why I reached out again to daves8 :cool:

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Yes, it will try to light 'em up with traction control on!

The91kwbeast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Let it roll then hammer it.
Interesting very different experience to where I'm at with my car. Although as I noted large high end tyres made a huge difference for me. And yes yes, mine isn't a LS3 :p