Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what ATF do you's use?

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
hey people, me againn haha.

thinking on my next service to do the tranny fluid.. its only done 40000kms

if i were to do it, what brand atf have you's used before?

thanks

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Mines going in on Thursday for a tranny oil change. New filter, pan seal and DEX6 I think they are using.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Well the price I pay isn't exactly RRP. But there is a filter kit, pan gasket, DEX6 (holden stuff in 20ltr drums) and labour (about 1 hour)

The filter kit and gasket are roughly the same price. I'd estimate around $75 to $80 each. They are not doing a full overhaul which takes about 11ltrs of DEX6, they only need to do the intermediate, about 7ltrs worth. 7ltrs cost about $70. 1 hours labour $100. So all up you'd be looking at between $200 and $300.

I am getting it done at Holden because my mates work there so I'm sure it will get done right. :)

Krisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
D22 St-r Navara
karratha will cost more than that due to location and stupid labour charges

mitchelljdunne

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv silver
Well the price I pay isn't exactly RRP. But there is a filter kit, pan gasket, DEX6 (holden stuff in 20ltr drums) and labour (about 1 hour)

The filter kit and gasket are roughly the same price. I'd estimate around $75 to $80 each. They are not doing a full overhaul which takes about 11ltrs of DEX6, they only need to do the intermediate, about 7ltrs worth. 7ltrs cost about $70. 1 hours labour $100. So all up you'd be looking at between $200 and $300.

I am getting it done at Holden because my mates work there so I'm sure it will get done right. :)

whats the diff between a full overhaul and intermediate with fluid? dont they drain the whole lot?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
whats the diff between a full overhaul and intermediate with fluid? dont they drain the whole lot?

The holden service bulletin offers 3 levels of service for the box. To drain all the oil It requires dismanteling of certain internals of the gear-box. The intermediate removed the bolk of the fluid, then its just the residual fluid left in lines and other parts of the gearbox left. You could have a complete service but unless your giving your box a hard time and don't mind the additional cost of labour the middle option is sufficent.