Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
SOAG MSE fro $57k DA is a great price.

You must have been charged a normal dealer car wash fee, not the ridiculous inflated one they were charging in 2017 ;)

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
^^^ Ha. Not too sure. I just make them work from my business. And try to bust their balls. I just tell them "I'm not here to make friends" and go from there.
And it's a Redline not a Motorsport. I looked at one but can't stand the decals and the red highlights

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ Ah why did i think MSE? maybe it was because i couldn't find one (supposedly all sold out) until after i bought my silver MSE (and SOAG and other MSE's started falling from the sky)...

$57K DA for Redline was a good price in early/mid 16 before dealer stupidity took over, low $50's DA before that... so still not bad now...

Real question is how low can they go before the rush happens and they are all snapped up...
I think mid year will be the crunch time, you know, EOFY, 2017 plated (old), etc, etc...

Deucefanny

Reaction score
Members Ride
17 VFII Redline
A mate showed me a price he got on an auto wagon ssvr the start of 2016 and it was about $55000. They had $59000 on mine and $57K was the best I could get, and trust me I tried and shopped around for a few months. I even looked at getting one from WA to save a few hundred but that was in nitrate. In Ballarat they had one they were trying to sell me for $65k. I actually laughed at them. Ballarat are still hands down the worst dealers around. Absolute clowns!

Crom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Tried negotiating with a few dealers in Adelaide on the new ones sitting around and they just wouldn't budge....even as we approach EOFY. Also followed up with a broker and he admitted it was pretty much the same nationally.
Ended up purchasing a heron white 2016 SSV Redline manual with 25k on the clock for $45k on road from a Brisbane dealer. Should be here next week.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Tried negotiating with a few dealers in Adelaide on the new ones sitting around and they just wouldn't budge....even as we approach EOFY. Also followed up with a broker and he admitted it was pretty much the same nationally.
Ended up purchasing a heron white 2016 SSV Redline manual with 25k on the clock for $45k on road from a Brisbane dealer. Should be here next week.

They’re not bloody bad are they..these things are now 8mths old minimum and they still won’t budge from full freight.

Not only that, the majority have been sitting outside on the lot the whole time without being driven, can only imagine they are starting to deteriorate a bit.

I hope the greedy ones are forced to eventually slash prices and sell at a loss

Crom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
They’re not bloody bad are they..these things are now 8mths old minimum and they still won’t budge from full freight.

Not only that, the majority have been sitting outside on the lot the whole time without being driven, can only imagine they are starting to deteriorate a bit.

I hope the greedy ones are forced to eventually slash prices and sell at a loss

Yeah, agree. I even flagged that they are paying interest on these which the manager acknowledged, but still wouldn't budge.

Was even interesting just purchasing second hand through a dealer. I rang a number of dealers interstate and talked terms and made an offer on a vehicle and three of them just refused to even deal. No counter offer....just acted offended which I found amusing. Eagers in Brisbane were the first to actually negotiate and they ended up with the deal.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Was even interesting just purchasing second hand through a dealer. I rang a number of dealers interstate and talked terms and made an offer on a vehicle and three of them just refused to even deal. No counter offer....just acted offended which I found amusing. Eagers in Brisbane were the first to actually negotiate and they ended up with the deal.

I had the same experience buying my VE last year....."fixed price yard mate".

I did laugh when the same yards had the same cars still for sale a few months later after I had already bought mine, with reduced prices. Could have had my cash months earlier.....fools.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
Surely the dealerships that still have VFs in stock would be hemorrhaging money left right and centre now on them... I guess they will just gouge customers in other ways even more to make that money back

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
yep Adelaide dealers are crap now days I've bought my last 3 cars interstate now probally 5K saved at least. Years ago it was fun went to metro holden got price went to city holden cut $1500 of the deal etc but now days no budging

I think with ex hire redlines hitting the market and ex cop cars VF2 V8 prices are down so dealers will struggle in fuel prices are up.

11/16 build red SS ex cop $28K https://www.pickles.com.au/cars/ite...II-MY16-SS--Sedan--5-Seats--4-Doors/103519608