Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
suspension and competition mode.

SSVLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV UTE
Redline but what have I really got different.... Paddle shifter and brembos?

and more servicing costs further down the track lol
mines going be my daily work car so didn't really need all those extras..

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
if you are going to change springs, wheels, change interior items etc etc then yes look at an SSV or SS and the money you save over a redline you can put towards all those items. $60k for redline vs $55k for SSV and less for SS

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Because they are penny pinching misers and still charge the same for an uplift from SSV to Redline across the UTE/Sedan/Wagon range.......... (No BOSE in the UTE or wagon either)

I'd love a Redline wagon, but cant bring myself to pay out the extra cash and get gimped on the sunroof and BOSE.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
why is that?
Because volume; they would have done the accounting costs vs return, figured that it would cost too much to engineer ute & wagon sunroof, and then when it comes to vehicle pricing the people buying wagons & utes effectively subsidise the ones buying sedans who're getting that stuff included. OR the wagons cost more than the $2500 increase to build, and hence people buying wagons are being subsidised by people buying sedans.

It's all cost-vs-return jigger-pokery, as the consumer you can't really tell what the relative costs are to bring the different shapes/equipment/etc to market.

VFLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline
Reading through the thread I have noticed people paying $60 K for a S2 Redline, my question is Carsales.com have a heap of HSV Clubsport R8s going for 60-65K why not get that instead?

The HSV seats look much better, 20" rims, 340 kw, bi-modal intake, headers, better brakes, LED tail lights, EDI and driver preference dial. Am I missing something here sounds like the HSV is the better car at the same price?

2015 Holden Special Vehicles Maloo R8 Manual MY15

HSV ClubSport R8 2015 Review - motoring.com.au