Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Because they are penny pinching misers and still charge the same for an uplift from SSV to Redline across the UTE/Sedan/Wagon range.......... (No BOSE in the UTE or wagon either)

I'd love a Redline wagon, but cant bring myself to pay out the extra cash and get gimped on the sunroof and BOSE.

can always get a sunroof fitted to the Wagon after purchase to make it that bit more special

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
can always get a sunroof fitted to the Wagon after purchase to make it that bit more special
And go a much better aftermarket sound system than the Bose

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Reading through the thread I have noticed people paying $60 K for a S2 Redline, my question is Carsales.com have a heap of HSV Clubsport R8s going for 60-65K why not get that instead?

The HSV seats look much better, 20" rims, 340 kw, bi-modal intake, headers, better brakes, LED tail lights, EDI and driver preference dial. Am I missing something here sounds like the HSV is the better car at the same price?

2015 Holden Special Vehicles Maloo R8 Manual MY15

HSV ClubSport R8 2015 Review - motoring.com.au

I agree with you, especially considering the amount of floor stock (excess supply) of the R8's you would most likely get it cheaper than 60K.

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
I agree with you, especially considering the amount of floor stock (excess supply) of the R8's you would most likely get it cheaper than 60K.

Cheapest advertised new (2015 build) R8 Wagon (which is what i want) in NSW is $77888.
In NSW I can get 2016 SSV Redline Wagon for <$59000.............. that a LOT of money in the difference.

Even if you consider clearing floor stock and get 10% off the asking price, its still close on $70k... that $11K more than a Redline.

Craterface

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 HSV GTS
Cheapest sedan 2015 build is 65K, not many wagons on offer hence the price discrepancy.

Cheapest wagon is 73K, 10% off brings it to 66K, you could get it transported interstate or get a dealer in NSW to match the price.

Last edited:

JTmofo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Sportswagon
Thats a fair call..... its unfortunate that I need/want a wagon.

Agreed that if the price was within $2-$3k ... it would be a no brainer.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Cheapest sedan 2015 build is 65K, not many wagons on offer hence the price discrepancy.
I suspect the wagons would be VERY negotiable ... but also, don't forget the wagon only came in R8 (340kW) form, whereas the sedan was available in "base" Clubsport 317kW, which will be the cheaper sedans around. R8 is more like Redline in terms of not-performance-related gadgetty bits (eg. no HUD in "base" Clubbie; it's like a VF2 SS with better seats & brakes).

We got over 10% off our 2014 Redline in 2015, I'd want more than 10% off an LS3 R8 now that a $45k SS has the same powertrain & the current model is so jam-packed with awesomesauce.

Cruzer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSV
What a lot of people don't understand is that some dealers don't get along. So if you've order an SS Wagon for instance and the dealer you've signed up with doesn't have the car in stock or coming, they have to source it elsewhere. This can mean trying to get a car already in the pipeline from another dealer, which with short supply cars like Wagon's and Utes, becomes extremely hard work.

Some dealers are really reluctant to wholesale a car, because they get nothing out of it, but have had to pay interest on the car since the day it was built. This is why some dealers can supply a car quicker than others. Occasionally there's also cars available in plant stock, but over the past 12 months, Holden has progressively wound plant stock back to nothing, everything is build to order and some cars and colours are never built at all i.e. Regal Peacock, Some Like it Hot and Jungle Green. These colours have to be ordered by dealers alone.

Can confirm the Black Edition is coming, the codes are already in the system. It comes with everything you would think, due to the name, plus another couple of interior extras.... :) and I'll leave it at that.

Hi Timandhayley, any more info on this upcoming Black Edition? also the couple of interior extras is it some colored stitching and embroidery or something more exciting like satnav and HUD????

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
Expect some stuff like embroidery & badges, black sportsbars, black spoiler, black nudge bar, black roof racks, exterior black out pack, sat nav and (possibly but doubtful) HUD on lower end models

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
You've got the right idea :)

Will be available in all body styles, SV6 and SS.