Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
The kit is exactly the same, except for 1 extra part, which is the load distribution hitch. It is a lot of money extra just for that hitch and we're lucky if we sell 1 or 2 a year. Most people are happy with the 1,600kg bar, because if you're doing any serious towing you'd be buying something that pulls 2,500-3,500kg's anyway.

All manuals can only do 1,600kgs anyway, the 2,100kg kit is only for 3.6 and V8 Autos.

Hey Tim would I be looking at the same prices to fit a bar to my pre owned vehicle? Do the workshops fit the assemblies as I would much prefer genuine to an aftermarket. Apologies for slightly off topic.

Last edited:

Nitrate Thunder

Couldn't afford Redline
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV
good price??

VF Series II SSV Sedan black, manual no accessories $50,680 driveaway
3 week delivery time.
Forgot to mention floor mats and full tank of fuel

Last edited:

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Yeah the bar is the same, of course you can have genuine towbar fitted on a used car. Just be careful, because if you ask a dealership's service department for a price directly, then they will charge more than what you would usually pay new. I would go back to the salesperson you brought the car from new (if you still have a reasonable relationship with them) and ask for them to get you a price. It should be in the $800-$900 range. Any more than this then you're paying too much.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
That's as good a price as I've seen posted for the ssv sedan in manual form.

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Just a heads up for anyone who is ordering now or has ordered late October, like me...

Ordered a white SSV Redline Sedan (Man) with all black out options (roof inc.) with 20's and a black SSV Redline Ute with 20's and hardlid on October 24th - have been told today it will more likely be a 2016 build and should receive earl-mid January. Was told there were no cars that matched my orders in stock..

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
There are cars out there, some dealers are just reluctant to hand them over for swaps. After me whinging for a few weeks about not selling any V8's, we've now sold 4 in 2 days and can't supply, because there's just no stock out there and the cars that are, the dealers who have them want your first born child back in their place (i.e. they don't really want to swap with you, so they're only saying they will if you give them back chicken lips!).

Factory closes on 22nd December and re-opens on the 12th of January, so not very long of a closedown this year.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Tim how long after an order go in is a dealer accused of a delivery days?. Can you advise if Holden/Dealer fully honour factory warranty if a Walkinshaw pack is fitted prior to the client picking up from dealership?

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
The walkinshaw pack comes with their own warranty (not a Holden warranty). Holden obviously covers the rest of the car, but the mechanicals changes that are made (i.e. exhaust, OTR, etc) are covered by Walkinshaw themselves.

Not sure what you're asking with the delivery business? We're ordering cars at the moment for January build, but there's no guarantee that we're going to get everything built that we order (I suspect they will be heavily oversubscribed, due to only 3 build weeks in January). Most of the orders will go into February.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
The walkinshaw pack comes with their own warranty (not a Holden warranty). Holden obviously covers the rest of the car, but the mechanicals changes that are made (i.e. exhaust, OTR, etc) are covered by Walkinshaw themselves.

Not sure what you're asking with the delivery business? We're ordering cars at the moment for January build, but there's no guarantee that we're going to get everything built that we order (I suspect they will be heavily oversubscribed, due to only 3 build weeks in January). Most of the orders will go into February.

Thanks Tim. I ordered 24th Oct and was advised of a pre-xmas delivery. Just wondering if that was an optimistic call from the dealer is all?!