Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
Good deal. What was the original price he asked for before negotiations?

He started off at the 'build' price as per Holden's website (over $60K) and I started at 50K. Luckily I had test driven an XR8 on the way there and, even after I had driven the Redline and I knew, in my own mind, I wanted to go for that, I played the "I am happy with either; just want an Aussie V8 and want to get it signed up TODAY" card. And during the 3+ hours negotiation with the salesman, and of course The Manager, I was getting SMS and missed calls from Ford saying can "we get the deal done today". It helped to relay this to the Holden guys during my negotiations. When I finally said $52K was my best offer, and they said $55K their's, I agreed to $53700 if mats, boot liner, towbar and full tank all thrown in. They had also appraised my old 2005 Magna at what I expected ($1500) but got them up to $2K so a $51,700 changeover. Was very happy with the deal overall.

bradles024

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR8
How did the xr8 compare? I had a look at a xr6 turbo before I bought mine. Once I seen the interior I knew it wasn't for me. They are bloody fast though!

Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV Redline Auto Sedan
How did the xr8 compare? I had a look at a xr6 turbo before I bought mine. Once I seen the interior I knew it wasn't for me. They are bloody fast though!
The XR8 just didn't do it for me. The figures are impressive; 335KW for the XR8 but the Redline felt faster and more responsive tbh. The XR8 reminded me of a taxi and the Redline felt superior in every way to me (except the XR8 has a DAB Radio!). Also technologically considerably more advanced in regard to safety features and more comfortable, sunroof, better support on the seats (imho) etc. Plus I preferred the exterior as well. Oh, and that exhaust note :yeah: I guess if I wanted to win take-offs from the lights, I might have gone the XR8, but that's not what I was after. And getting the Redline for an 'XR8 Price' was just the icing on the cake.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
OK, bought a 2016 VF series II SSV Redline in Phantom today, pick up tomorrow morning.

$63,000 down to $58,500, auto, 5 year roadside, 5 year warranty, floor mats, dash mat.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
OK, bought a 2016 VF series II SSV Redline in Phantom today, pick up tomorrow morning.

$63,000 down to $58,500, auto, 5 year roadside, 5 year warranty, floor mats, dash mat.

thats not bad, any options/extras on the Redline? which SA dealer? How did you get the 5 year warranty/road side assist if you just bought now? I thought Holden had finished that promo.

What happened the SS Black edition you were getting?

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
thats not bad, any options/extras on the Redline? which SA dealer? How did you get the 5 year warranty/road side assist if you just bought now? I thought Holden had finished that promo.

What happened the SS Black edition you were getting?

Dealer said he would try and bring the 5 year warranty and 5 year roadside over to the Redline from the SS Black, which he did, so that's great.

Missus wanted a sunroof, alloy pedals, leather, so I said just go with the Redline then, plus the Redline has all the safety sensors and warning sensors so, told the dealer I was going to buy today, if he couldn't do a deal on the Redline, I'd take the SS Black with sunroof, alloys and 20's, called me an hour later and said to go in, he fart assed around and got told to just give us a price, said the price and what came with it and we said yup, done, pick up tomorrow.

Standard MY16 VF series II SSV Redline in Phantom, auto, 5 year roadside, 5 year warranty, floor mats, dash mat, considered the 20's but thought nah just stick with the stock 19's on it, the design looks better than the 20's anyway I think.

Happy with the price, happy to have all the warning alerts, sensors, sunroof is a nice addition.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Told the missus I expect to have this car still in another 20 years seeing it's the last of it's kind, it's going no where!!!