Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
On the road?

Yes, on the road.

Let’s just say that car belonged to Holden he didn’t get much because it was not delivered yet. As mine was in my name and payed for. So luxury car tax, plus stamp duty, transfer fee and fright cost on $105,000 back to Holden. GM was going to be out of pocket. Especially being a 2nd hand car with kms on it. I negotieated an offer they could not refuse. Can you believe some idiot was happy they just got a jacket!!!

Most of your post is vague gibberish. If you did get such a deal then I’m sure there is a very good reason....and it’s not because you are some kind of genius. Geniuses don’t wander around factories in their spare time congratulating themselves on scoring some tail lights and a plastic model car.

Your second last sentence appears to be self-congratulatory but actually shows the other party got the better deal.

Your last sentence just makes you seem like a smug twat. Nothing worse than a complete lack of humility. Even my seven year old knows to win with humility and lose with graciousness.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yes, on the road
Great price. That"s about $3k better than I did. Altough I claimed the GST back, so my out of pocket was around $63k. No jacket though;)

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
Great price. That"s about $3k better than I did. Altough I claimed the GST back, so my out of pocket was around $63k. No jacket though

When they announced the car and I asked at my local dealer back early last year I baulked at the prices they mentioned. I had a 16MY Redline so was not super fussed about changing but did not like my big rear wing and was not mad on the colour I had. When I took the Redline in for service in January I saw they still has MSEs on the lot and wadda ya know, prices and expectations had shifted downwards somewhat. Surprise surprise.

Yes, my car is also purchased through a business. The option to claim the GST is there but I've already done one car this financial year. I'm probably pushing my luck with the ATO as it would be hard to justify two vehicles in one year in my business. Anyway, if I sold it for $40k in x years then I've got to give them $4k back, so for the two grand I'll probably sleep a little easier by not making another claim.

Shame about the jacket. Don't beat yourself up. Life goes on. ;)

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
When they announced the car and I asked at my local dealer back early last year I baulked at the prices they mentioned. I had a 16MY Redline so was not super fussed about changing but did not like my big rear wing and was not mad on the colour I had. When I took the Redline in for service in January I saw they still has MSEs on the lot and wadda ya know, prices and expectations had shifted downwards somewhat. Surprise surprise.

Yes, my car is also purchased through a business. The option to claim the GST is there but I've already done one car this financial year. I'm probably pushing my luck with the ATO as it would be hard to justify two vehicles in one year in my business. Anyway, if I sold it for $40k in x years then I've got to give them $4k back, so for the two grand I'll probably sleep a little easier by not making another claim.

Shame about the jacket. Don't beat yourself up. Life goes on. ;)
Nah mate. I'm hitting up my dealer retrospectively. A man needs a jacket!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Pics please and build number

Graham LS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Motorsport
Most of your post is vague gibberish. If you did get such a deal then I’m sure there is a very good reason....and it’s not because you are some kind of genius. Geniuses don’t wander around factories in their spare time congratulating themselves on scoring some tail lights and a plastic model car.

Your second last sentence appears to be self-congratulatory but actually shows the other party got the better deal.

Your last sentence just makes you seem like a smug twat. Nothing worse than a complete lack of humility. Even my seven year old knows to win with humility and lose with graciousness.

DJ_M enjoy your jacket. Realistiacly I have done figures already I got the car really for 30k DA. Say what you want, but one thing is forsure you won’t break me. There’s more to this story, say what you want and believe what you want.

In the words of Michelle OBama “ When they go low. You go high”

In saying that, Have a great day. And enjoy that jacket. I am just going to go and count my million$$

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
DJ_M enjoy your jacket.

Didn't get one. Don't want one. Wouldn't wear it if I had one.

Realistiacly I have done figures already I got the car really for 30k DA. Say what you want, but one thing is forsure you won’t break me.

More waffle.

There’s more to this story, say what you want and believe what you want.

I have already said the same. I am sure there is much more to this story. If you did indeed get the vehicle for the price you say then I am sure there is a whole lot more to the story. There would be a reason and it is not your superior negotiating skills or genius. Likely Holden were trying to appease you for some reason. Maybe the CEO was banging your wife (or you?). Who knows or cares.

If you have a story that you wish to share then please tell us. If not, then not much point waffling on about secret deals and your supposed amazing negotiating skills.

In the words of Michelle OBama “ When they go low. You go high”

And conversely you acted like a smug twat by chucking in the jacket line and telling us what a superior being you are.

Facts are simple. Whatever your story is it would not apply to anyone else here. People bought a vehicle at a price they were ok with, at a point in time with all the available facts they had then. I got a pretty good deal on my vehicle and am happy with that.

I am just going to go and count my million$$

Are you sure you are old enough to be online without supervision?