Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

easyrider475

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR ute & VF SSV ute
Thanks Phil, yeah I do like the clean look of the HSP flat lids with its slightly raised lines running towards the cabin.
Im not sure if I feel comfortable having them tap into my electrics and drilling holes to pass emergency cables to the cabin though. Theres too much electronic gizmos these days to go wrong if they stuff it up. Think I might go the manual lock option, which provides locks either side of the lid and thats not a bad thing I would have thought? Not forgetting its about $500 cheaper. Might have to go down and check them out and see how good a fit they are.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Yeah, I'm not all that sure about the cable into the cabin idea myself, unless they convince me that it's no big deal , I would prefer to forego it. Maybe I will consider the manual locking one myself

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
The $1500 is quite handy on a sv6 manual also.

I used the letter to get a black sv6 manual (2013 demo) with only 412 km on the clock for $32,240

Is that for a sedan or ute? Also what month 2013 is it?

I have a friend who is about to go looking, and it is always good to have an appreciation on the market before entering the Lion's Den.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
So what's the average street drive away price for a SSV Auto sedan so far, June bonus entered into the equation? My dealer was saying just a shade under $54k with tint. Seemed high to me.

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Recently picked up my April 2014 build SSV Redline, Absolutely love it!
Redhot colour with wing spoiler & black fender vents. Thought of blacking out the front grill but I think is looks better in chrome IMO. Dealer threw in the standard - sports mats, lock nuts, boot liner and a tank of petrol.
Also added the Walkinshaw power pack, love the exhaust note and added torque lower down.
Driveaway price - max holden family discount :beer chug:
Wait time was only 2 weeks!
Already have a couple of small stone chips on the bodywork behind the rear wheels, thinking of putting in mud flaps as live in a regional area.
Only other thing I'm planning to do is a window tint.

Will post pics over the weekend. Absolutely love the red colour / black rims combo.

Planning on keeping this one for 2 years and then will pick up another redline or whatever their final V8 special edition car will be right before production ceases.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Should be able to pick up a 2014 SSV Auto Sedan with Tint for around $49,500, plus prestige paint.

There's 100's built sitting in plant stock.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So what's the average street drive away price for a SSV Auto sedan so far, June bonus entered into the equation? My dealer was saying just a shade under $54k with tint. Seemed high to me.

That is Redline sedan pricing. SSV should be a fair bit less.

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Thanks Phil, yeah I do like the clean look of the HSP flat lids with its slightly raised lines running towards the cabin.
Im not sure if I feel comfortable having them tap into my electrics and drilling holes to pass emergency cables to the cabin though. Theres too much electronic gizmos these days to go wrong if they stuff it up. Think I might go the manual lock option, which provides locks either side of the lid and thats not a bad thing I would have thought? Not forgetting its about $500 cheaper. Might have to go down and check them out and see how good a fit they are.

Just been reading up on the fitting instructions with pictures, for the hsp central locking lids.
I feel,a lot better about it now, the cable into the cabin looks unobtrusive and neatly done. Wiring is just a matter of crimping onto an existing wire for Central locking signal.
Looked them up on the net and only found good things said about them

jon_brevad

Reaction score
Hey guys.

About to sign up for a MY14 SSV Redline in Red Hot, with Spoiler, Mats, Tint, black vents, Redline door sills and a tank of fuel for $54,585 - but then I have the Family and Friends discount of $3000 which makes it drive away for $51,585.

I think this is a good deal, what do you guys think?

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
^^^ The $3K off makes it a good deal.