Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
After a bit of googling:

To remove a stubborn flare nut

1. Freeze it with a can of that compressed air stuff for blowing out computer stuff

2. Put on flare nut wrench

3. Clamp a vice grip tight like a tiger on the flare nut wrench to aid in clamping force

4. Cross my fingers and see how it goes

I'll pick up a can of that compressed air stuff next week

Until then I'll give it a spray with penetrant once or twice a day with the view of that can only help

The flare nut currently isn't that bad, as I stopped before it was chewed up, with only a small bit of rounding on one edge

If I can get it off without damaging it further it will be fine to reuse it when not torqued to death

images.jpeg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
One was a practical workhorse, it got Mulch dumped in the back.
One got a good scrub as it needed it.

The other got an outting for the day.
It went through a nice long tunnel, windows down with it dropped down a gear or 2.
Others in said tunnel got some aural entertainment.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No picture unfortunately, but on my 300K round trip, I spotted a 70's era Vette convertible sitting in someones driveway, covered with crap...Rather sad.

The reason behind no picture is, the owner was out the front and didn't feel like an argument....

Right next door was an XW wagon sitting there wasting away too...

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
No picture unfortunately, but on my 300K round trip, I spotted a 70's era Vette convertible sitting in someones driveway, covered with crap...Rather sad.

The reason behind no picture is, the owner was out the front and didn't feel like an argument....

Right next door was an XW wagon sitting there wasting away too...

You could become a car broker. Match a buyer with a seller and take a commission. You’re obviously good (and interested) in finding off-market ”barn finds”.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You could become a car broker. Match a buyer with a seller and take a commission. You’re obviously good (and interested) in finding off-market ”barn finds”.

Good idea, but I deal with enough tight asses wanting things for nothing as it is.....Doing more as a side hustle wouldn't be too appealling... :)

As for finding...More enjoy seeing the countryside....Spotting from that is just a bonus

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Spent a good couple of hours cleaning the inside of the Subaru. First a good vacuum and the lots of time spent cleaning interior panels and surfaces.

Very successful afternoon, to really get into things I moved the drivers seat fully forward and found my missing 3/8" ratchet with 10mm socket. Been missing a few years, was lent to Mr25 a couple of years ago...

It really needs a good shampoo of the interior as the seats look terrible, time to invest in one of those interior cleaners me thinks.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Spent a good couple of hours cleaning the inside of the Subaru. First a good vacuum and the lots of time spent cleaning interior panels and surfaces.

Very successful afternoon, to really get into things I moved the drivers seat fully forward and found my missing 3/8" ratchet with 10mm socket. Been missing a few years, was lent to Mr25 a couple of years ago...

It really needs a good shampoo of the interior as the seats look terrible, time to invest in one of those interior cleaners me thinks.
A 10mm socket. What a find.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Proof of said ratchet and socket.
IMG-20240123-WA0000.jpeg