Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Can’t your kids wash themselves?:)
I couldn't help myself with the Honda coz "new" car.

The Mrs never washes her car.

The VE, well coz mine.

And young Miss did help with the Mini.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
The Mrs never washes her car.
Begs the question, would you let her?

I know my missus has never washed the car, even though the Commodore is hers.
Frankly, I couldn’t trust her. We’ve only got a gravelly driveway and I know that if I dropped a shammy or a cloth or whatever, I’d rinse the hell out of them before using them again. Not so sure my missus would though:(
I drove the car yesterday (a rare thing) and I checked the tyre pressures on the dash. Needless to say, they were all over the shop! Mentioned it to the missus and she just said, “well I don’t know how to check them, that’s your job”. So yeah, it begs the question:(

WillyTheMLGPro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman 50th Anniversary
Been a while again. Been spending my money on fixing my guitars.
Found a bit of an oil leak on the passenger side valve cover I replaced. Went to tighten the bolts to see if they had become loose over time.
No dice.
So over the long weekend, I'll take the cover off, reclean and reseat the cover.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Basically looked at cars & daydreamed a bit in between rounds of clearing garage & trying to sell more junk lol

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
rust all cut out and welded - rear guards and windscreen and fixed
new windscreen rubber and screen installed without wrecking the rubber or breaking the glass
sprayed the the windscreen surround 2K asteroid silver before fitting it back in
car almost prepped , just got move all the kids bikes and crap out of the other garage before I turn it into a spray booth
Im no panel beater but its a street car and as long as it looks straight ill be happy , plus 2k off the gun sprays so easy and has a good gloss with no polishing so I wont bother with any clear
20240212_120311.jpg

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Gave the Crewy an oil and filter change, 804km since last service only just over the length of time service schedule - last one March 2020

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i have some injectors to clean so instead of paying someone 200 bucks to clean 8 injectors i purchased a cheap 4cyl injector cleaner/tester, all i have to do is put one of my old pumps in it and my spare regulator and i can test any size injector, so for bit over double the cost of cleaning ill soon be able to do all my own, i might even go thru my old injectors too make sure they are al good, ive got a set of 210lb, 142lb, 95lb, 60lb, and stock LS2 injectors

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
i have some injectors to clean so instead of paying someone 200 bucks to clean 8 injectors i purchased a cheap 4cyl injector cleaner/tester, all i have to do is put one of my old pumps in it and my spare regulator and i can test any size injector, so for bit over double the cost of cleaning ill soon be able to do all my own, i might even go thru my old injectors too make sure they are al good, ive got a set of 210lb, 142lb, 95lb, 60lb, and stock LS2 injectors

Do we think a picture is worth putting up in the linked thread?

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/tools.294427/

BTW, smart move buying your own :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Do we think a picture is worth putting up in the linked thread?

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/tools.294427/

BTW, smart move buying your own :)
when it arrives and i get it working ill chuck up some pics, i may also have to just upgrade the pump power supply but thats easy also if i have to, figured some items even tho i may rarely use it if the cost is reasonable compared to someone alse doing it ill just grab the equipment then can do what ever myself, i seem to be building up my list of ''once used'' tools but when u need em they are right there

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
i seem to be building up my list of ''once used'' tools but when u need em they are right there
With the shite quality and dirty Aussie fuel we get, an injector cleaner/tester is invaluable :cool: