Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Took the VC for a 300K round trip today....Only complaint was, it was cold tonight and the heater core sprung a leak a few years back...So because I couldn't be stuffed pulling 3/4 of the dash out to replace it, it made the trip home a little cold....Otherwise, it was very enjoyable running up the highway in the old girl...

I also called into a spare parts place to grab a couple of low beam globes for my VY, because I have one blown.....With 30% off, it still set me back $59 for 2.....I nearly had a bloody heart attack.....Only wanted the globes, not the whole bloody headlight... :oops:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Took the VC for a 300K round trip today....Only complaint was, it was cold tonight and the heater core sprung a leak a few years back...So because I couldn't be stuffed pulling 3/4 of the dash out to replace it, it made the trip home a little cold....Otherwise, it was very enjoyable running up the highway in the old girl...

I also called into a spare parts place to grab a couple of low beam globes for my VY, because I have one blown.....With 30% off, it still set me back $59 for 2.....I nearly had a bloody heart attack.....Only wanted the globes, not the whole bloody headlight... :oops:
Yep, they charge a fortune for globes in Aus. It's a joke.
Buy them online for half the price and keep them until you need them. https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/produ...bxAlCO_6ekqcXCNKu9BoCE9gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yep, they charge a fortune for globes in Aus. It's a joke.
Buy them online for half the price and keep them until you need them. https://www.powerbulbs.com/au/produ...bxAlCO_6ekqcXCNKu9BoCE9gQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Had a globe blow during the week and I live near a cop shop and drive past another, so instead of continuing on risking driving next week with a stuffed globe, I lashed out on a pair....So now at least I have a spare just in case.....

I can also drive my VC but that gets a little heavy on the wallet....None the less, might have to hit the wreckers up in the near future and see how many I can find there cheap...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can also drive my VC but that gets a little heavy on the wallet....None the less, might have to hit the wreckers up in the near future and see how many I can find there cheap...
If you can wait I'll have a dig through my parts and bring some over to SA late this year or Feb next year. A gift for helping me out.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Replaced the front sway bar links and the sump plug washer on the SSV. I haven’t replaced the sump plug washer in the time I’ve had the car and it had started to slow drip.

Bought a shite sump plug from Ripco and some of the correct washers for the OG sump plug. Did the quick out and in with the shite plug so I could change the washer on the original plug without losing all the oil. Managed to only lose maybe 100ml of oil. Hopefully it should be all good now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So last Friday to top off a pretty average week I mount the curb trying to pull into a car park, near the corner as further up there were none left. I only noticed the damage last night, big scrape on the side skirt near the wheel well.
I got the sheet sander out last night and sanded out the scratches. Then after a wash today I used a bit of rattle can black to hide the dull plastic with missing paint. Don't have $400 or so to get it painted, so this will do for now. Fortunately it's not in your line of vision so it will be ok until I can save some coin after I pay off a few other things and do the more urgent ute stuff.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
I finally got my 3.45 diff installed in my WN Caprice.
It has completely changed the way the car drives for the better. I rarely use the car on the freeway so don't miss the original 2.92 lsd at all.

I should have done this sooner.

Combined with the standard bolt on mods and tune I had done last year, the new diff has really woken the car up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can I ask what you paid for the 3.45s, just the gears? And were they SH original or aftermarket? Trying to figure out what mine are worth on the market. Can't go by eBay prices as wreckers seem to think they are worth a mint. Never see them on my local FB either.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Can I ask what you paid for the 3.45s, just the gears? And were they SH original or aftermarket? Trying to figure out what mine are worth on the market. Can't go by eBay prices as wreckers seem to think they are worth a mint. Never see them on my local FB either.

Hi Losh, $550 delivered. Second hand complete diff with 100,000km on it from a wrecked manual ss.

Other wreckers are asking $1000 for the same.
Bought it off gumtree.

I had new seals put through it before it was put in for peace of mind.