Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
removed leaky water pump that is only 9 months old with absolutly no corrosion in it as I thought it must have been a leaky gasket but no its the bloody pump. Repco told me no warranty so put new seal in the back of the pump and new gaskets bolt it all back together and fill with new coolant only to find it still floods out so it must be the front seal of the pump fill with leak stopper and wait for new pump to arrive from evil bay. Ebay american made pump = $140, repco ,coventrys , etc $300 +. thieving bastards

What reason was given for no warranty?

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Oh, and what I did?

Dusted, cleaned, and rearranged all my cars...Models, that is! :p

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
no warranty
1 not installed by mechanic
2 was bought at Esperance and not in a Perth shop

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
Fiancé filled the cracks on the new bodykit, sanded it down and resprayed them in black. De-badged it :(
I washed it while the bumpers were off, did a bad cut & polish job by hand which I'll fix with a machine later, and changed the centre console surround.

david dubbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx gen111 wagon
When you compare overseas to here we will always pay more its not so much their fault for the prices being so high when they get an item like an indicator stalk first they charge you the price part then they add on for wages then their building costs electricity security etc etc. In the US they have way more of the same car than Australia have plus they dont have so many taxes that hurt businesses as badly as we have most of the items i buy are through ebay and are au sellers its very rare i buy overseas

Mate I own a small business making mainly yacht sails but we also do swags sail shades and anything else people want and I know all about being taxed for everything I import (all the sail cloth is made in germany) we work very hard at minimising our overheads so we can stay competative with asian sail makers and I dont mind paying a bit more to support a local business but the pump I ordered is made in America and sold by an Australian Ebay store but when the mark up is over 100% I feel like I am being touched up

fatboyvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 vr commodore
try being in nz its even worse and half the stuff you want you cant even get local

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Fitted a chrome rocker cover to the VB. Couldn't be bothered/didn't have time to repaint the stock one holden orange for a 3rd time, paint keeps flaking off. Looks surprisingly ok and not too modified. Pushrod cover plates go on tomorrow.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
coaxed people out of wanting to use it to put half a cube of stones in the back.

it is a ute
but its not a truck.

if it was something like soil/mulch id have said yes as it wouldnt do damage like rocks

EmKa

Cupcake
Reaction score
Members Ride
El Falcon Futura S (shhhhh)
Random new rims :)
Fiancé is pleased - he's always wanted ones like this :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358920608.190928.jpg