Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Washed the ute, definitely due - it's been 6 to 8 months. Started on the drive, finished in the shed (rain threatened).
1. Applied Chemical Guys honeydew snow foam with the Nilfisk waterblaster & foam cannon.
2. Washed with noodle mit and a warm bucket of Dura-seal (the ute's ceramic coating suplier's) Wash'N Shine. Including wheels.
3. Rinsed & chamois.
4. Removed tar spots with rag and turps, dried each place with micrifibre cloth as I went.
5. Wiped interior in places that needed it with damp chamois and another microfibre cloth.
6. Applied Turtlewax Hybrid Solutions ceramic spray coating using 2 more microfibre cloths.
7. Wiped engine bay with damp rag and the microfibre cloth used to dry the turps.
8. Staggered back up to the house 4 1/2 hours later. Knackered.

Clean1.jpg
Clean2.jpg

You can get good reflections in Heron White paint.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The young bloke picked up a new to him car during the week to replace his VRX Lancer.

2012 MY13 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Navi fully loaded.

Gave it a good exterior clean this morning.

The rims had heaps of break dust on the barrels so hit them with Wheely Clean. 3 doses on each rim but there is still some staining on the barrels.

Overall the paint is in good nick, with a few scratches here and there which should be good to go with a clay, polish and wax which we'll do after Easter.

There are few deeper scratches which my mate that does SSR will sort out.

Interior will also get the once over after Easter with Orange Agent, Vinyl Care and leather shampoo & conditioner once my new supply of leather shampoo arrives.

V6bFDxJ.jpeg

KVpkfra.jpeg

Also gave the engine bay a wipe over to clean the dust away.

oPl9xVi.jpeg

Vtec yo.

Last edited:

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I confirmed its existence as I haven’t laid eyes on it since the first week of February.
Looked comfy so I left her sleeping.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Drove to Rotorua after all the shenanigans during the week. Feels betterrerr to drive. Definitely eats the bumps better.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Got most of the way through changing the starter motor on the SSV. Prick of a job as the extractors sit right next to the starter so they had to be unbolted first and the heat shield on the starter uses torx fasteners so I had to go buy a set of those.

The after market starter doesn’t have the positive terminal in the same position either so manipulating the positive wire to get it onto the terminal correctly and then the starter back into the correct position was a pain to do.

Started to get the shits at it all after a long while trying to get the starter back into the correct position so packed it in for the day and finish it off tomorrow.

Was kind of hoping that it was going to be an easy job and I’d get the rear brakes done as well but I think I’ll leave that for next weekend.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Took the Senator out for a drive last night. Visited an old local gathering spot. It was a lot of young people and not much I was interested in looking at. Went to start the Senator to leave and battery wouldn’t have it, so quickly grabbed the jump pack as a young bloke came over saying ‘won’t start?’ and seemed like he was going to offer me a hand. Which was lovely.

But I got this. Jump pack in hand I opened the bonnet, they discover an old V8 and they are in awe. I forget that some of these kids are younger than the Senator so this is something special they rarely see. Didn’t I feel like a celebrity at that point :D

I really feel old now.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Took the Senator out for a drive last night. Visited an old local gathering spot. It was a lot of young people and not much I was interested in looking at. Went to start the Senator to leave and battery wouldn’t have it, so quickly grabbed the jump pack as a young bloke came over saying ‘won’t start?’ and seemed like he was going to offer me a hand. Which was lovely.

But I got this. Jump pack in hand I opened the bonnet, they discover an old V8 and they are in awe. I forget that some of these kids are younger than the Senator so this is something special they rarely see. Didn’t I feel like a celebrity at that point :D

I really feel old now.

Imagine the aww if it had a carby and filter sitting on top

Glad she is still turning heads, looks amazing

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Imagine the aww if it had a carby and filter sitting on top

Glad she is still turning heads, looks amazing
She didn’t though. Was ignored until I had to pop the bonnet :D

Had to drive the VY yesterday as well. That screams look at me, so sometimes it’s nice to be under the radar and only those who know, know.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Sucker for punishment, me.
Took the Dirty Old Girl down off the four axle stands it's been snoozing on for too long in the ute's bedroom, to move it down to the shed for impending surgery (now that I have my official Spanish title from the government* and will have access to funds). Was covered in dust and spider turds, so that's two vehicles washed by hand in two days.

Before washing the Ford

2toysfront.jpg
2toysrear.jpg

*Señor citizen.

Last edited: