Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
What WERE you going to to with your VR/VS today........
I WAS going to go on a trip down to Victoria to pick up a VS wagon I got on e-bay ,All ready to go , trailer organized, electric brake control fitted , jobs moved to give me time...... BUT I got outbid with 5 seconds to go, by $2.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I give the Berlina a wash , or somthing...........

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
BUT I got outbid with 5 seconds to go, by $2.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Spewin.... You need Auction Sniper, it can place a bid 2-3 seconds before bidding ends.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Spewin.... You need Auction Sniper, it can place a bid 2-3 seconds before bidding ends.
lol you need to snipe at about 1sec and on the fly....If you dont win you can always walk away knowing you made the &**^%%$ ninja with the fast connection pay just that bit more ;)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I load tested my battery.
Dropped to just over 8v. Still in the green, but clearly not enough for the stroker V8 on hot start (cold/warm is fine).
Guess I'll be getting a new battery for it later this week.

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
went to transmission shop and put deposit on a powerglide, holding down 550hp clutch has taken out my knee
now the wait begins for all the parts to arrive

fireballv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 1 Berlina wagon
I adjusted the hand brake shoes in the Acclaim, then spent the next 3 hours stuffing around with the driveshaft CV trying to get the shaft into a balanced configuration, by torch light. And not much improvement......

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7 wh statesman
V8 or V6 Mikey? I'd be wrapped if my V6 gets over 400k
I got over 600 out of by brothers - used 1/4 litre oil from qld to sa and back ,4,500ks blew a fuse on the windscreen wipers after 6 hrs

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I checked oil today and 3000km since last change still on tne full mark. Must still be some miles in it yet. Currently on 193k.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
A few months ago I became the custodian of about 8 , V6 level 3 clusters and a couple of other related parts.
Actually yesterday finally swapped my cluster out for one of the V6 ones to see if temp gauge, regulator or solder was stuffed.
Although it read slightly different, was all still the same issues, so that's not the problem.
It's got me stumped a little ,I'm guessing that it's what I always really thought is the problem and that is a small restriction in coolant flow that allows temperature to build up in slower moving travel . The thing that doesn't help with that view is that even in that 50/60km zones when your under reasonable load but free flowing it still reads similar, just not as high.
I can only think of taking water pump off and having a look and if not then manifold and hopefully find a bit of a blockage .

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7 wh statesman
What WERE you going to to with your VR/VS today........
I WAS going to go on a trip down to Victoria to pick up a VS wagon I got on e-bay ,All ready to go , trailer organized, electric brake control fitted , jobs moved to give me time...... BUT I got outbid with 5 seconds to go, by $2.50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe I give the Berlina a wash , or somthing...........
you've got 17 sec to put in a out another bid before bid stopts