Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you feel safer in, classic or plastic?

What do you feel safer in?

• Total voters
O

ozute

Julie, I guess there were a couple of reasons for me putting this question up. Firstly, I personally do miss the strength of older cars, of being able to literally stand on the bonnet at the footy etc, shunting into something accidentally didn't mean a big deal, and the weight of the old cars had other benefits like the extra weight on the wheels when towing etc (or so I thought e.g. pulling a heavy trailer up a grass hill the newer cars lack weight to assist traction and just spin). What's also interesting to keep in mind, is that most basic model cars these days still do not have any safety features except for the fact that they crumple. My exec has no ABS IRS GPS ACS Airbags etc, so it was from that kind of angle that I would like a little extra beef in the body I guess, which makes me feel a little safer.

O

ozute

Jamie W, your avatar "laugh at all pathetic rice here" is hilarious, those things are a joke. Looks like a lego set of a 2 year old not a carpark! :yeah:

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
My absolutely ideal car would be an EH wagon, fitted with an Alloytec 190, five speed auto, four wheel anti-lock discs, a nice air-bag wheel from Momo (they are available...but be sitting down for the price :my: ) with the proper sensors fitted, passenger side bag, good bucket seats, retractable seatbelts all round, 16" wheels with modern rubber, suspension all fully rebuilt with power rack and pinion steering. This would be a "best of both worlds" car.

Only one thing stops this vehicle from sitting in my driveway....

winning lotto.... :yeah:

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Classic Vs Plastic mmm. Post 67 when things like collapsible steering collums, no metal horn rings and seatbelts made a huge difference. Prior to then it was more dangerous to be the driver now they seem to be the only survivors in big accidents. As the driver in say a HQ Car vs Car give me a classic, Car vs Roadside object like tree give me plastic say VZ and Car vs B Double give me wings.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Are you actually asking what do you FEEL safer in or what IS actually safer.