Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you prefer Manual or Automatic transmission?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
had a licence for ummm...39 years
and
never owned a car with an auto trans since I got my licence
plus I have a mudderboike licence and ride a 1200cc sportsbike ...manual trans
I also have a heavy vehicle (non-artic) licence...manual trans again
and finally i have a CAMS motorsport licence..yep my race car has a manual trans :)

auto trans..??? for drag strips and for those who like having breakfast and using their phone while driving
(and believe me..I have seen them!)

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Love my built auto. No way I could drive another holden V8 with anything smaller than a 4000 stall. Once you do, you will never go back, and realise that manual gearbox's are for faggots, p-platers and circut cars.

I totally know what you mean mate, I feel like a complete poof playing with this silly roadranger thing behind a 14l cummins.

May as well be playing with another guys todger, atleast then I might get 5 bucks for my trouble.

tonza

Beers & Blastbeats
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX Exec S2
Auto for sure. I'm not into driving quick, or going for 'spirited' drives up mountains and windy roads and the like, i prefer to just cruise.
Used to have manuals and all that, sure it was fun just not my thing.
each to their own i guess

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Manual, hence why I'm thinking about converting mine when I can be bothered and can find a conversion kit lol...

As much as I love the auto, It would cost to much to get a manualised auto so stuff it.

CV60VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
For me it defiantly a manual, I currently own an auto but learned and got my license in a manual just over auto I guess will defiantly be getting a manual when I get my SS

ShannonN

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 - VX Series II Berlina (2002)
All my cars of the last 15 yrs have been second hand cheaper cars that were just autos, really not a big choice when it came to buy them. I am 55 and driven manuals most of my life epc. the range of new and almost new LJ toranas ranging from 173 s to full spec xu1. Also there was a GTHO there for a short while, so pretty quick cars (for their time) were all manuals now the VX goes pretty well for a slushpuppie but I no longer want to drag at every light etc. So I guess an auto is a luxury now. However when I have to drive any standard 4 cyl buzz box I definately want a manual, the shift points in junk buckets like hyundai getz and smaller capacity cars is terrible in the autos.

The_Doctor

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2 Redline
manuals are useless

Let's face it, Auto is the way to go, manuals in the city your having to change gears every 5 seconds, you can't eat or drink while driving, you can't play with your missus pussy while driving, and it's really only little boys who say manuals are better because they want to pretend they are racing drivers.Autos you can do it all, eat drink and finger, and when you have a 6 litre SSV nothing better than relaxing, planting the foot and felling the kick back

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
I have driven Auto all my life.. (Which isn't that long :p). But i much prefer Manual. I wish my car was Manual and have looked at conversion kits but would never actually do it.
I enjoy changing gears and not being bogged in a low auto gear then it decides to change when i don't want it too.
I drive to the city every day and even then i would prefer Manuel.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Let's face it, Auto is the way to go, manuals in the city your having to change gears every 5 seconds, you can't eat or drink while driving, you can't play with your missus pussy while driving, and it's really only little boys who say manuals are better because they want to pretend they are racing drivers.Autos you can do it all, eat drink and finger, and when you have a 6 litre SSV nothing better than relaxing, planting the foot and felling the kick back

Shouldn't really be eating or having a strum whilst driving tho. Drinking's a bit different since you can have a sip of your beer at your own convenience when its safe. Unfortunately they're in the process of banning having a traveler whilst driving in vic so I guess that's out of the question now too