Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I completely agree that smart mobiles can be very useful tools but that doesn't mean I can't live without it either.

Fortunately I'm not required to be on-call with my current job it's just that management doesn't seem to understand that concept. I work shift when I'm not at work I tend to not want anything to do with work or think about work.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
People these days are worried about things they didn't have to concern themselves with until the turn of the century or thereabouts. Terrorism comes readily to mind, particularly in light of recent events on just about every continent. Even the Lindt seige in
Sydney is now classified as linked to Islamic terrorism and at least two states in Australia have suffered murders and shootings involving idiots proclaiming to be connected to Islam in some way. When we see the severe attacks overseas, and experience the small potato attacks here, it still brings home the fact that we are not so far away that it can't happen here.

I said that a couple of weeks ago. After what just happened in Nice, it's easy to understand just how we could suffer a similar incident here. No need for guns or bombs. Just a truck, a big crowd and a lunatic.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
The problem is Islam. Even most Muslims don't fully understand the so called "religion of peace". When they do, they want out.

84+ people killed with a truck in a single moment. Pretty much sums up why banning guns does nothing for mass killings when the intent is death and destruction evil will always find a way.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Would never have happened in the US, the guy would have been dead seconds into his rampage with the truck instead of driving along the whole boulevard.....

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Would never have happened in the US, the guy would have been dead seconds into his rampage with the truck instead of driving along the whole boulevard.....

Yup! And why? Because Americans are armed! :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I'm assuming you guys are suggesting that there would have been more police and/or armed civilians present who could have fired at the truck driver before he could do much damage?

How many more might have been killed by uncontrolled gunfire from armed civilians if that had happened at say an Independance Day celebration in a major US city though?

True, the terrorist might have been killed before wiping out a large number of people but armed civilians opening up in the vicinity of a very large crowd makes me shudder. Not one of your best, fellas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I've been part of a large group in the vicinity of each other firing semi automatic rifles at small targets. Not a single injury. A truck is a massive target. And I'll take some collateral damage in the form of injuries and maybe a couple of deaths with an end to the terrorism rather than 84+ killed and dozens more injured.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Yep back to the argument that if there were more guns the massacre would have been ended earlier, problem is (which America is blind to) the more guns on the streets the more loonies that are armed and able to go on rampages, look at how many school shootings there are as a classic example. Biggest problem with these kind of things is that the do gooders believe we should open our doors to everybody and welcome them with open arms, in Australia they're called them the Greens Party! If you want to protect your family then first you are very careful who you let into your house and if you have to then let nobody even if it offends someone, letting everybody in and hoping to weed out the bad blood is wishful thinking and impossible.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If they do it too much, they won't have to worry about getting a job. It'll be "get me an ambulance".

This has to be the stupidest idea I have ever seen electronic entertainment used for. If some zombie walks into the traffic because he/she was glued to their phone chasing some non-existent cartoon down the street, it won't end up well.

We actually had a guy get sacked today for playing it during work hours . Some of the guys get pissed with me when i tell them to get off their phones , like it's their god given right to use their phone during work hours

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It's their god given right to use their phone whenever they want....work, driving.....doesn't really matter.