Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does everyone think about these

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You don't need that converter on a stock motor. Get the box properly shift kitted first.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got quoted about $500. Ring up your local transmission place and ask.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
wow that is like 50 dollars dearer then the high stall torque converter well ill go that i wanna get a cam first

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
wow that is like 50 dollars dearer then the high stall torque converter well ill go that i wanna get a cam first

Pretty pointless going a stall if your still using the standard auto.

scott-95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily VE SV6 & L67 Manual Pig.
I have a box setup atm.. its a 4L60E Rebult stronger, 3000 stall, full manual, corvet servo's etc.. bam there goes 4g done buy a profesinal.. dont bother with a factory 4L60E its gong to blow if you dont give it a hand....

But your going to wack a cam in and leave rest of the motor standard?.. hmm seems errr stupid to me?

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I'll go against the grain here and say that I'm a fan of these :)

This comes in handy say if you're driving the car in the wet and you don't want it to kick out etc.

Hate to disagree with you Steve but regardless of how hard your transmission changes gears its still all up to the driver and his right foot....

it can also have issues with the torque reduction programmed into the ECU which means the higher you rev the less hard it will change

MACE

Reaction score
Hate to disagree with you Steve but regardless of how hard your transmission changes gears its still all up to the driver and his right foot....

it can also have issues with the torque reduction programmed into the ECU which means the higher you rev the less hard it will change

I'm all for healthy disagreements :D Monotonous arguments with the misses on the other hand is a big NO LOL

I know it's a dirty way of controlling the force motor in the trans, but it does work with no torque reductions, only firmer shifts (VY V6's and earlier)

Bare in mind I'm not taking about more sophisticated OBDII computers as found in LS1's and Alloytecs. I'm sure the computer would be more inclined to throw an error code or pick up the increase in instantaneous torque from auto and make changes accordingly bringing it back to factory spec. I can't definitively say this is the case though.