Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does everyone think about these

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
so if ur at the lights and put ur foot down it pops for 3 seconds then finally gives it what it normally should?? pretty sure it shouldnt do that at all

My car has been doing the same for around 3 months (just appeared one day), but it only does it when it is cold, once you have been driving for five minutes or so it is fine. And it has me stumped.

Sounds like something is wrong with the TPS on the TB. Not related to the exhaust system

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
The popping and cracking is just unburnt fuel and is quite normal. Some supercar manufacturers out there actually program there ecu to dump small amounts of fuel to make the sound more noticable (so ive heard). Of course a louder sports exhaust system is going to amplify it.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
dude there is a difference between burbling/poping when not accelerating mine is happening on take off (with accelerator on) and wen i go around corners and such wen i have my foot off the accelerator and put it back on and it happens then as well its a jerky kind of feel to like the car isnt getting the fuel its needed and something is blocking it. I no what ur talking about VY SERIESII but its not the problem i have.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
The popping and cracking is just unburnt fuel and is quite normal. Some supercar manufacturers out there actually program there ecu to dump small amounts of fuel to make the sound more noticable (so ive heard). Of course a louder sports exhaust system is going to amplify it.

The Audi RS5 drops a small amount of petrol onto the exhaust when you change gear, if that's what your talking about.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
na mate think of it as ur at the lights and ur about to race someone and u put the foot down (doesnt matter if its shoft or all the way to the floor) ur car jerks for about 2-4 seconds and gets past the jerking and goes as normal then wen u slow down (nothing happens) to turn a corner once u do that and put the accelerator on again it does it again.

Robb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Sounds like something is wrong with the TPS on the TB. Not related to the exhaust system

I have ruled out the tps in the past, the only thing I have not ruled out is the fuel pump, which I am beginning to think is the problem.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
I have ruled out the tps in the past, the only thing I have not ruled out is the fuel pump, which I am beginning to think is the problem.

Maybe same thing as mine because i replaced my fuel filter last week

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
dude there is a difference between burbling/poping when not accelerating mine is happening on take off (with accelerator on) and wen i go around corners and such wen i have my foot off the accelerator and put it back on and it happens then as well its a jerky kind of feel to like the car isnt getting the fuel its needed and something is blocking it. I no what ur talking about VY SERIESII but its not the problem i have.

Sorry my bad :(

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
all good mate, your just trying to help i think this one is for a mechanic to sort out.