Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHAT IS BETTER - Wagon Versus Sedan

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Have no fear mate, with your high speed cornering, burnouts, and high speed driving, I think a commodore is the prefect car for you.

Yep, perfect car for him, he will loose his license after a week anyway haha

NOI23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe, VL Wagon (Daily)
A wagon will be a little more boatish on the bends than the sedan, but both handle pretty badly unless big money is spent on them

I have done springs, shocks, strut brace, sway bars, nolathaned everything....still boaty in the tight corners.

I agree with someguy360, I have spent A LOT of money on the suspension and tyres of my VS, I've even had it on the track and liked the feel of it. But going fast on a windy road "aka mountain run" it isn't the best and wouldn't do it everyday. You'd just embarrass yourself and get passed by some knob in a Honda Civic

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I agree with someguy360, I have spent A LOT of money on the suspension and tyres of my VS, I've even had it on the track and liked the feel of it. But going fast on a windy road "aka mountain run" it isn't the best and wouldn't do it everyday. You'd just embarrass yourself and get passed by some knob in a Honda Civic

Yeah, on a track mine is a whole different story, I could go into corners as fast as the tyres would let me........but on an actual road it's a very different kettle of fish

NOI23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equipe, VL Wagon (Daily)
Yeah, on a track mine is a whole different story, I could go into corners as fast as the tyres would let me........but on an actual road it's a very different kettle of fish
Exactly, and with today's hoon laws why would you want to

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
There's only 9cm's of difference

I can feel the difference in my stato compared to my berlina. Its not much more longer but it takes corners differently

sleepinvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
99" vt berlina
commodores do stick to the road as you said, but trust me, when they let go, its all over...it doesnt take much for that either, cut a corner, cars there, oversteer to get back in your lane and they dont like quick wheel movement while going fast. they are really a dangerous car, which is why the highest death rate in cars is, anyone wanna guess, commodores......the wagon is lighter, yet personally id prefer a sedan...if you wanna drive it hard, spend a few thousand on the suspension... my vt drives pretty well, smooth, yet its a completely different suspension setup, and i do havge strut brace bars, stiffeners etc

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
commodores do stick to the road as you said, but trust me, when they let go, its all over...it doesnt take much for that either, cut a corner, cars there, oversteer to get back in your lane and they dont like quick wheel movement while going fast. they are really a dangerous car, which is why the highest death rate in cars is, anyone wanna guess, commodores......the wagon is lighter, yet personally id prefer a sedan...if you wanna drive it hard, spend a few thousand on the suspension... my vt drives pretty well, smooth, yet its a completely different suspension setup, and i do havge strut brace bars, stiffeners etc

Wrong!! It's because they are so popular and cheap.
So many bogan/########s can afford them and speed/drink drive/crash/die.

But it's mainly due to the number of them that are on the roads.

Also any car sticks to the road, only as good as what it's tyres are capable of.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
if you wanna drive it hard, spend a few thousand on the suspension... my vt drives pretty well, smooth, yet its a completely different suspension setup, and i do havge strut brace bars, stiffeners etc

What exactly have you done to your suspension? and what strut braces and stiffeners have you got?

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
I'm scared! People who think the public road is OK for skids and burn-outs shouldn't be behind the wheel at all.
Possible candidate for the Darwin awards. I just hope you don't take anyone else with you!