Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHAT IS BETTER - Wagon Versus Sedan

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I'm scared! People who think the public road is OK for skids and burn-outs shouldn't be behind the wheel at all.
Possible candidate for the Darwin awards. I just hope you don't take anyone else with you!

But if roads are not for hektic burnouts why would they have these signs posted up
uploadfromtaptalk1353553305771.jpg

kylo33710

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1995
you are all a bunch of whining little bitches tbh. i've had my license for years and i have done 2 burnouts all in a wide open space where i can see if any cars are near from a mile away. and i have never ever lost control of my vehicle. this forum is a joke you guys need to lighten up a little, all i wanted to know was how it would handle IF i was in these situations, last time i drove at 140km/hr was on the nullabor on a straight where i couldn't see the road turn in the horizon. and it was in a corolla which felt pretty unsafe as every bump felt like the car rolled a metre to each side, whereas ive been 200 with a mate driving his xr6 on a bumpier road and it felt about the same. this is what led me to want a big car. i have since posting this driven a vs wagon with FE2 suspension and it drove great even around the corners minus the body roll.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'd go a ute with a canopy myself - modern day panno ftw!

Reaper

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Mate... I have a VS sedan & a VR Berlina wagon for pratical use a wagon wins every time, however I prefer the sedan myself, it is lowered 30mm with mags & I think handles resonably well (& yes I have driven a varity of vehicles) my VS has no form of traction control, ABS or any other fancy **** (unlike the wagon). it holds the road pretty well. I would not want to be putting it up against some of the new model cars but lets keep it in perspective, for a car that is a 1995 model I leave most for dead through the corners... Are they trying? who knows, but then I dont really care. It is what it is, you can feel it limits before you get there which is reassuring, to crash one you would have to make a concious decision to push it to hard. Dont know if recommended speed signs in Aussie compare to over here in NZ but I can push mine 30 - 40 kph over recomends easy.
If you want to race look elsewhere, if you want a car that is fun to drive then you have found it, either sedan or wagon will do, it just comes down to which suits you better.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
you are all a bunch of whining little bitches tbh. i've had my license for years and i have done 2 burnouts all in a wide open space where i can see if any cars are near from a mile away. and i have never ever lost control of my vehicle. this forum is a joke you guys need to lighten up a little, all i wanted to know was how it would handle IF i was in these situations, last time i drove at 140km/hr was on the nullabor on a straight where i couldn't see the road turn in the horizon. and it was in a corolla which felt pretty unsafe as every bump felt like the car rolled a metre to each side, whereas ive been 200 with a mate driving his xr6 on a bumpier road and it felt about the same. this is what led me to want a big car. i have since posting this driven a vs wagon with FE2 suspension and it drove great even around the corners minus the body roll.
seriously i dont know how you managed to keep your licence for so long but i hope it gets revoked soon. you are getting burnt here because most of the members on this forum are into cars that they do up to be unique, customising and a way for like minded people to congregate. We do not condone any illegal activities. and yet your first post was about which car is better to speed and deface public roads. IF you cant handle the heat, leave the forum. there is a log-off button on the top right hand side. either behave or use it!!!!

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
had my license for years and i have done 2 burnouts and i have never ever lost control of my vehicle. last time i drove at 140km/hr was on the nullabor on a straight where i couldn't see the road turn in the horizon.

rebel, doing skids and things.
Now this is why i like defensie driving courses (and if you live somewhere you can push a car to the limits on private property and lose control) simply to learn how the car is going to react and know how to regain it or bring it to a safe stop, people that have never done either scare me a little as they usually make the situation much worse whenthings go downhill.
I'd be more concerned about a pothole or an animal getting infront of the car at 140 than where the next corner is, either of those will give you little time to react and end badly, i know someone that hit a roo at about that speed, rolled the car, car caught fire, he was lucky to walk away.....

cattz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
ok, so i'm pretty new here as i have recently purchased 2 VS commodores, one is a 1995 sedan, one is a 1996 wagon, both have 27x,xxxkms, and both have average paint.
both cars need a small amount of work but i can swap the parts between the 2 to make one registerable car, my question is what am i going to have more fun in, the wagon or the sedan? i'm planning on lowering to super low and i like to do a burnout here and there but also like to drive fast on windy roads, now i'd imagine the sedan would be better but i like the idea of the wagon for sleeping/storage space. let me know the pros and cons of either a wagon or sedan, preferably by someone who has owned both and can compare them. thanks heaps

Best thing to get one of your mates (You know, one of the guys your trying to impress with skids etc), take BOTH cars up to Queensland Raceway and drive the track yourself.
Do skids, go fast around corners and then you'll be able to find out what suits you best.You can also impress LOTS of people rather then 1 or 2.
That way it's legal and you don't kill some innocent family on the road by being a f***wit on the corners.
I nearly got wiped out from a jerk trying to drift on public roads. Wife, 3 kids, myself over a cliff face, because of one hero trying to impress his mates. As it was, he hit a wall and had to get towed. He was crying that his car was damaged.
Also the fines and loss of license/car etc will cost more then a track day.