Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What kind of tires you guys running on your VE's?

Ss Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore
Not yet, I'm debating between the new ATS with the 3.6l and the SS.

I do have the 3.0L SIDI in my Equinox. I run Synpower Valvoline 5W-30 with no issues. Only problem I had was a #6 misfire than ended up with a fuel injector replacement under warranty. The car was out for 2 weeks.

I couldn't go back to a 3.0 SIDI after having a ve ss, the wife has a new HSV so I'm really grinning now. Cheers

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Has anyone removed their genuine wheels to see where they are made lol mine were made in Taiwan.

No, didn't notice that!
I'm sure it's not just because I'm a rampant patriotic racist, there must be another reason why I share an underlying distrust with Taiwanese motor bits because they probably make better stuff than we do nowadays:
Google Nexus, Singer Sewing Machines, Toyota Dyna Trucks and Yaris, Honda's CR-V and Civic and Accord, Radeon HD and GeForce GTX, HTC, Blackberry Playbook, Ford Fiesta, Mitsubishi MPVs, Canon EOS, Nissan Tiida, Garmin GPS, and lots of other stuff I trust like Kingston memory, Verbatim and La Cie.
But Taiwanese bits on a Holden is more than a bit dodgy to me!!

Ss Phil

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore
Just went to the shed to doubled check the ss wheels to see where they are made. Made in Korea and I have just corrected the country in my post.
Still can't see the quality being worst or better then Taiwan but they must be strong enough as the police use them lol

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cheap scrap has more or less become the way of the world

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
I have kumho19 and as quiet as any other tyre, good wet weather grip, can't fault them. Running 275/35R19 on the rears. I am running a ss manual with full exhaust, otr intake and dyno tune and the kumhos are doing ok. I won't use them again as I want more rim protection. Has anyone removed their genuine wheels to see where they are made lol mine were made in Korea . I brought the ss new so they were genuine wheels. Cheers

The SV Black rims I have are genuine HSV, made in Thailand. Does that surprise you? Alot of GM's cars are made in Korea or Thailand.

docCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now: '10 Equinox 3.0L AWD Soon: Cadillac ATS 3.6L
Michelin is bringing out an all new ultra high performance all season tire. Sounds like a great choice for me, the old Pilot Sport A/S + wasn't the best in snow.
michelin-pilot-sport-as3-all-season-tires.jpg