Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Oil do you use for a L77 6.0Ltr

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The other thing with dexos, and maybe the best reason to use it is if you plan to leave the oil in for the 15000 km interval. The Dexos approval is a good indication that the oil will go the distance. I change my oil at about 8 or 9000 so I'm not worried about it lasting 15,000 ks. I've heard too many horror stories of sludge to risk it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The other thing with dexos, and maybe the best reason to use it is if you plan to leave the oil in for the 15000 km interval. The Dexos approval is a good indication that the oil will go the distance.
Well ... I guess yeah, except also nah. :)

If Nulon had a 5W30 full synthetic for petrol cars & which wasn't DEXOS rated, I'd trust it more than a Repco-branded oil that had DEXOS rating, for example.

humesz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden caprice v 2011 s2
Use gf-5 5w-30 people on here are using 5 or 10-40 are making there engines work harder and slowing there v8 down and your using more petrol its thicker only use this if you have an oil leak but these are engines are pretty much indestructible!!! I've had mine up to 280 on the track and sat on 2 wheel burnouts on private property so many times and no leaks i did blow my power steering pump once but that's it because i didn't change the fluid I there for 6 years high revving on full lock does this happy motoring guys

humesz81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden caprice v 2011 s2
Use gf-5 5w-30 people on here are using 5 or 10-40 are making there engines work harder and slowing there v8 down and your using more petrol its thicker only use this if you have an oil leak but these are engines are pretty much indestructible!!! I've had mine up to 280 on the track and sat on 2 wheel burnouts on private property so many times and no leaks i did blow my power steering pump once but that's it because i didn't change the fluid I there for 6 years high revving on full lock does this happy motoring guys
I forgot to say I'm mafless tuned and cold air otr and a gear box mod in the 6 speed auto for smoother changes and and extra 500rpm b4 a gear change